Download Speed of custom maps is incredibly slow on OS

It is taking me 20+ mins to dl maps from a lobby, most of the time when i eventually get in it error codes… does anyone have a solution for this? It just started happening one day.

Oh yeah, I have a solution. I rewrote the game and uploaded the source code on my github. I sent chunked map data over a TCP stream, and it always seemed effectively instant during my tests. But then again, my servers have zero users since no one would use that; folks just play the original game instead of my emulation engine.

If you’re using the official version of the game that’s a closed-source, proprietary game made for Windows though so it’s probably going to be difficult for you to get anything working that doesn’t already work. Especially on MacOS.

Microsoft bought this game so probably at this point, if they even spend the developer resources to think about this problem, the most profitable thing for them to do would probably be to throttle MacOS even harder so that you buy a Windows. Would be a win for them.

Edit:

P.S. the rewrite of warcraft 3 that i uploaded to my GitHub doesn’t work on Mac (unless you’re proficient in shader programming and fix random stuff) because Mac dropped support of OpenGL and made everything harder to run on their system than on Linux and Windows. Even tho the map transfer part of the code is cross platform and would work on mac. So, I guess I was partly kidding