DotA Reforged

If you ever wondered if DotA is still playable in Reforged checkout my POV game. I play Phantom Assassin on 6.86.19. Skill level not very high, since it’s a pub game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt-O_IvJjAw

The map is a result of long and hard work to fix all bugs and crashes that came up with Reforged. Some new items and abilities have been added as well as new features like
-votekick and ability / cd view for allies without sharing units. Almost every change has been thoroughly discussed with the community (usually FBG).

Hope to see you ingame. Cheers

9 Likes

what do you mean by “new feature”?

1 Like

on the bright side the non-hero to heroes now have hero glow

Well whenever i play the game i always get either kicked or they remake as i am trying to figure out what items to buy.

Did you advise that you are noob before the game starts?

Um how do you mean?

when you join a game just tell “Hi guys I’m noob but I want to learn, can I stay?”
If they say yes: enjoy the game.
If they say no: say ok thx and find another game.
If they say something bad: tell them to gtfo and never join that host anymore^^

…but if you join the game and they see that you are stuck at fountain trying to understand what’s going on don’t expect anything good from that^^

I know, it’s hard to find nice people and the massive lags and disconnections don’t help at all. I guess you missed the gold age by like 15 years^^

You could host on your own and play an easy mode game for more gold per second (+2 instead of +1), which makes the game less frustrating for beginners. When the game starts simply type -apemso
As host you are the only one allowed to initiate a -votekick, so nobody can kick you. As game name you could write for example:

“Dota -apemso, beginners only !”

So people know what to expect when they join your game and maybe you’ll even meet some guys who like to learn the game as well.

Have fun & good luck

Of course if you want an easy to learn AoS/MOBAs then there is always Heroes of the Storm which does not have a lot of the silly mechanics like last hitting, kill stealing and the like.

2 Likes

THIS!!!
Dota RoC before the noobs takeover FTW!!!

Well i ussually just try to play it as if it’s heroes of the storm and i hang out at the fountain while i look at the items to not get ganked. They should just state per item where that they can be found at.

believe me, even if you learn them all, if they don’t change, 3-4 months and you start to forget them again^^
map is a bit of a mess now to include stuff from dota2. here you have a limitation of space for how many items can fit into a shop, but, anyway, if you look at the shops they have more or less the same “kind” of items like useful items, basic weapons, basic armors, advanced weapons, advanced armors, magic stuff, end game items…
try to learn 1 hero at time, so you can also start using the same items for the first part of the game. Eventually you’ll learn^^
It’s true that you dn’t get ganked at fountain, but your team needs you to gank them too^^

What is the point of Dota Reforged if your using classic view, show us DOTA 3 graphics please…

1 Like

There is no point in playing Reforged graphics and no sane person (noone from the biggest DotA Battle.net community FBG , btw not even the classic pro ladder players Grubby&co) does. Not only that the graphics aren’t pleasing, most DotA players use classic view and it is known that mixed games, i.e. some players use Reforged graphics while others use classic, tend to disc or crash some players from the game, at least in the past.
That’s why the map development is also focused on classic view only.

Part of the issue is the graphics are not optimised for Reforged as DotA Allstars depended heavily on custom models which were aimed at the classic graphics.

Which were the custom models of dota allstars?

DotA (6.83d last version from icefrog) has more than 300 imported models.

The void walker modeled hero used a custom model with better hitbox that follows his animations. That is just 1 example.

Oh, ok, counting all the modified ones…
I thought you were referring to completely new models like in RoC Dota.

Since this thread received a little more attention I wanna tout once more my little program that sets up Grid keys (a Reforged feature that sadly requires ASCII knowledge and text editing).

I recently played some Rubick games on the latest DotA map (6.86.21) and he is definitely the hero that profits most from grid keys setup. As you might know Rubick is able to steal spells, but if you use default Customkeys some spell hotkeys will overlap occasionally, i.e. if you press a hotkey you don’t know which spell is being used: either one of Rubick’s abilities or the stolen one. In the past this was the main reason why I never played him although he is so much fun to play.
This is no problem with Grid keys because the position of the ability in the command grid is relevant for the hotkeys.

During one of my games I have been asked how I “fixed” the problem and that’s why I’m gonna post it here again, hope you don’t mind. In the near future I’ll also gonna upload a Rubick gameplay, hoping to see more Rubick players in the future.

Link to setup Grid keys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffBhMovZK4g