DotA keeps crashing with Bara's ulti

Patch 1.31 introduced lots of bugs and crashes. Particularly in DotA (all map versions) Barathrum’s ulti causes the game to crash. Is there any chance that you (Blizzard) might fix this in the near future?

I noticed that the crash doesnt occur in solo mode nor in LAN (with 2 players). However in Bnet with 10 players it always crashes (100% chance). Furtherly it seems that Invoker also causes random crashes (~50% chance).
Moreover there is also now a weird bug (also all map versions) which makes it impossible to share control to player brown (10th slot).

6 Likes

Don’t expect a fix from the developers side lol.

1 Like

I also start losing hope. I wrote here and in Hiveworkshop -no responses / solutions / fixes.
I can’t express in words how mad I am …
After they purged the hostbots we needed to deal with leavers and even worse ruiners, but some of us still kept playing, a kick function for the host has been added to the map to compensate.
Moreover there are fake maps around with cheats implemented, on the loading screen there is a warning written not to play on those cheated maps, but still some players get fooled - another bad consequence of removing the hostbots, this is pure anarchy.
Now on top of this, with the latest 1.31x patches certain heroes/skills cause the game to crash on almost all map versions.
This feels like a crusade.

2 Likes

It’s ok. Bara imba!!

If it were only Bara …

Maybe it’s time to move on.
The people who play Dota 1 probably have a reason for doing it, which i can relate to.
Even if you dislike the changes from the Dota 1 to Dota 2, it’s at least stable to play on.
I’ve never encountered a bug for as long as i’ve played that game and when i hear about them the hotfix is out within hours.
Can’t say the same for the current state of WC3.
Literally months between necessary fixes.

Can’t support this enough… If it were just blizzard making mistakes, we could fix them. But they keep re-breaking things every patch and theres only so much b.s. the map makers want to deal with. honestly, no updates are better than the updates blizz keeps putting out.

for the love of god test things more on PTR and see if they work, and LISTEN TO YOUR COMMUNITY.

1 Like

This might not be the case for developers erm…Not sure…But i remember someone metnion map crashing on patch thread here on forums and pete asked which map and in next hotfix, he mention they fix bug .

So i believe you should post those bugs in patch thread, seems devs dont read general discussion guys

Ok thanks, I copied my first post into the patch thread. Let’s pray and hope.

1 Like

bara and every other hero works in 6.78

I can’t confirm this. But I saw people saying Bara works on 6.85ne8 cause they tested him in solo mode without a crash which is indeed true (I tested myself) . However in Battlenet games with 10 players it keeps crashing.
Moreover I don’t wanna play a very old map …

dota 2 is a steam game please use their forum thank you

Nice trolling attempt. Anyways we need as much attention as possible for this thread, so that maybe someone from Blizzard will read it and decides to fix their patch in order to make one of the most popular custom maps fully playable again. thank you

3 Likes

Tufu fighting the good fight for us DotA 1 guys… appreciate it. please keep us posted if you get any reaction. btw, where is that other forum the guy told you to post in?

2 Likes

Sure, will do.

He meant the patch thread:

1 Like

lol im assuming no update with anything huh…

1 Like

I fixed the Bara problem on my own and you can play him on 6.85ne10.
I didn’t get an answer at all by Blizzard. Maybe they don’t care or they are just overwhelmed with monetizing the game atm leaving the custom game community on its own.

You mean that you’ve uploaded this version on EpicWar?

I’m pretty sure plenty of people have too weak hardware to run Dota2. Especially after the Reborn update in mid-2015.

yes, but I think someone uploaded already a cheated map. So if you want to download it from epicwar make sure you download the uncheated map from this link:

x_https://www.epicwar.com/maps/294991/

anyone notice spell animations missing recently in the 85 map?

1 Like