Dota 6.85ne12 updated map

Unfortunately I have to open a new thread because I cant answer twice in a row in the other old one :smiley:
Finally I released a new version which lets you change your hero model with “-skin”. All old hero models are restored.
Currently following heroes can be changed (You’ll get a message ingame if you picked one of the following): Sniper, Lucifer, Magina, Nortrom, Kaolin, Mirana, Axe, Earthshaker, Necro, Lina (It might be that I forgot one :smiley:

You can download the map here:
x_https://www.epicwar.com/maps/296498/

I don’t recommend to download the map from a host that you don’t know / trust.
Since Bnet doesn’t provide any means to authenticate maps everyone can add cheats to them and noone knows who released that map. Therefore please download ne10 , ne11 and ne12 only from the links I provided. You should also
clear your Documents/WarcraftIII/Maps folder from Dota maps because you will have most likey downloaded dozens of cheated maps from Bnet.

I’ve been really struggeling hard with all those crashes that Blizzard’s patches caused to the Dota maps. I did this all for free.
However if you wanna support in some kind please let all people know what I’ve said above: Download the latest version from the link I provided above.

I know you’re awesome ! Thank you very much.

P.S.: Also take care of a guy who named himself “Tufu” in US east realm. He’s an imposter and he is one of those who wanna spread their cheated maps. The real Tufu (me) resides/hosts games only in the European Realm.

Cheers

3 Likes

Hey Tufu, thank you for the map - your link doesnt work for me.
Any ideas why that could be ?

You need to remove the “x_” which I wrote in front of the link because I don’t have the rights here to put links :slight_smile:
Otherwise the link works fine for me.

Greetings

1 Like

And how do i know that you’re not the imposter faking not being the imposter?

1 Like

hey tufu, why did u hack ice frog’s dota and acting its like ur map?? who guarantee us, u didnt put cheats in ur map that only you can use??

ppl dont trust this imposter, last original map was 6.83d, anything newer is hacked and cheated.

1 Like

First things first I didn’t “hack” Icefrog’s Dota, I used Dracol1ch’s 6.85n map.
I used to develop the 6.85ne series for Ghostplay, a hostbot community (with hundreds to thousands of players )which had to shut down after network encryptions were implemented by Blizzard.
Meanwhile there is another Dota community which plays inhouse games at a higher skill level (clan fbg) using my 6.85ne10 map which they consider atm as the most stable.
Currently, from what I’ve seen, the majority in Bnet is hosting 6.85ne10 as well while you are probably the only one hosting 6.83d which is fine, I usually wouldn’t mention it, everyone is free to play what he wants / likes.
But badmouthing me sheds a worse light on your rather than on me. Especially when talking about hacked/cheated maps, since I saw that you host an altered 6.83d map where you (or someone else for you) implemented a kick function. So who tells me / us that you havent impleneted more cheats on your altered 6.83dmap, lul.

Feel free to play on 6.83d, but don’t throw sh1t (with false truths and accusations) at me, peace, ty.

1 Like

so you hacked already hacked map and now you act something by calling other hacked versions, hacked??? really???

1 Like

hi tufu any chance you could add a zoom command to 6.78c in your spare time? (everyone always complains they cant zoom out when i host it)

1 Like

Wouldn’t zoom break the balance?

What’s wrong with hacking inactive maps? It would have been dead if not for the hackers. IceFrog abandoned it. This is the same reason states used to use for conquering territory - “if they are managing this land badly, and we can do it better, then our conquest is just”. I tend to agree, lmao.

1 Like

Sup natas,

prolly I could do it. But actually I don’t wanna start coding on older versions (which involves first to review the obfuscated (i.e. “protected” code) … :frowning:

1 Like

I like this new dota, but remove the skins.
It looks like some toddler went ahead and inserted their trash tier fanfic.
I’m really against inserting anything dota 2 related because i play dota 1 exactly because it isn’t dota 2.
Item icons like tranquility boots should go.
Wouldn’t hurt to put up an official site or place to read the changelogs.
Also use proper version numbers please, check software versioning on wiki, ne10 or whatever is so confusing.
6.85.12 or whatever version we’re currently on basicly.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. With ne12 you can now choose wether or not you want to play with a new heroskin. (-skin command). Therefore is no need to remove it, some people even like it.

The versioning will be changed, you are right, it’s a bit unlucky. If I ever decide to go for 6.86 I will change it like you suggested. However 6.85neX (x=1,2,3,4,…) isnt that hard to understand imo :stuck_out_tongue:

I asked a Dota community who plays inhouses on my map to add a page with the download link on their website. There will be written a full changelog then there too, I hope.

1 Like

Possible BUG: A couple of days ago I played a match on this version with Morphling , and the replicas where able to move and attack inside Faceless Voids Chronosphere.

1 Like

I had a bug with IO.
Used tether on my ally from far away and the hero got stuck on the top river ramps where there is lots of unpathable terrain.
This got me killed.

1 Like

This isn’t really a bug report, but when I switched team I still had vision of my old wards. Which means if I bought all the wards from Sentinel, and then bought all the wards while in Scourge, I would have 8 wards in the map which is kinda OP?

1 Like

Hey,do u use discord?
Pm me pls Drakootex#0361

You usually find me in the HIVE discord channel.

Btw I released a new map ne14. It fixes one last known crash (caused by Blizzard patch) and some other bugs (Abaddon Ulti, Chen wards etc. ) Also Mirana has been added to Aghanims Scepter (since ne13) and Ironwoon branches can be used to grow trees. DL link:

https://www.epicwar.com/maps/297538/ 

Cheers