Do we ever get a update?

can we get some kind of update on the ladder system and all the other stuff that was PROMISED last year? lol i just can’t get over the fact that they move on to D2 and try to promote it like its AMAZING and they sit there after deleteing all of our profiles with 10+ years of statistics on and all the portraits we earned, give us this big pile of trash and give us no answers, ANYWAYS guys LOOK HERE IS D2 LETS PRETEND WC3 DIDNT HAPPEN …unbelieveable… i mean %100 unbelieveable on the side note i have NOT been playing wc3 on blizzard platforms, i would HIGHLY suggest playing W3Champions as they have ladder, statistics and ALL game modes playable… its a worlds difference… anyways happy gaming!

14 Likes

It is my understanding that Diablo II Resurrected was being worked on by a separate development team that has now been brought in to form the team that handles all legacy games. As such it may very well be the case that they finish off Diablo II Resurrected first and then pump a lot of effort into finishing off Reforged, or at least parts of their team could do that.

2 Likes

I hope we see a Cow Footprints Level added to the Reforged campaign in 2022. We must EMBRACE Reforged memes, like neverbefore!

1 Like

They did less than a month ago.

All I want is creep AI to be set back to legacy settings and pathfinding bugs removed. Both are pissing me off every single game I play :frowning: I know pathfinding was never great as it is an old game, but it has gotten objectively worse in reforged.

oh yeah “due to covid… blah blah” yeah… look at the progress of D2 tho…damn that’s quick

1 Like

You asked, with all your accusations and capital letters.

The answer is that ‘they did’. But now, you don’t like what they said.

And its not the Classics team (or whoever they are now) that’s developing D2R. It’s being headed up by the Diablo team directly.

actually no… is vicarious visions which is the team that did crash bandicoot… which is why its on the blizzard launcher… EA is using one of their own teams to redesign D2…so…no the diablo team has nothing to do with it.

The VV staff has been distributed across many Bliz franchises/projects including D2R; however, they are not the head team of the project. So yes, Team 3 absolutely has something to do with D2R.

Sounds like you work at blizzard lol yet again, incorrect

1 Like

Or, I just pay attention.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-22/blizzard-absorbs-activision-studio-after-dismantling-classic-games-team

Shortly after the postmortem, however, Blizzard pulled that project from the team and put the division behind Diablo IV in charge.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Blizzard_Entertainment

Team 3 - Diablo franchise

• Diablo IV team
  • Diablo Immortal team
  • Diablo Legacy - Diablo III and Diablo II: Resurrected (Diablo II remaster)

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Diablo_II:_Resurrected

Developer(s)
Blizzard Entertainment
Team 1 (2020–late 2020)
Team 3 (late 2020–2021)
Vicarious Visions (late 2020–2021)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_II:_Resurrected

this move was due to Vicarious having detailed knowledge of the Diablo series by this point, so that they could not only continue to provide support for Resurrected but as well as for Diablo IV and other Blizzard properties

But since your entire rebuttal is “incorrect” and nothing else, it’s time to cite your sources that Team 3 has nothing to do with D2R.

1 Like

You’ve been waiting for a year for a response to their initial post saying that they’re developing something.

I think it’s probably good at this point to wait on things that will actually happen.

Do we ever get a update?

In a word? No.

2 Likes

i really wish people would just stop giving them money, im not buying d2 or anything else from blizzard until (if) they fix this game and anyone who is upset with the way this project was handled should really consider doing the same, in the end our lack of purchases wont do anything to harm the company, wow and cod alone generate absurd amounts of revenue, but hopefully someday someone in charge at their offices gets the message and tries to correct the course

all i want is for them to finish the game as advertised, or at this point even show willingness to do so outside of the rare update post, theres plenty of better companies with great games that deserve your support more than actiblizz at this point in time

4 Likes