Diablo 2 Feedback

Since you cannot post in the Diablo 2 forum unless you have D2:resurrected, (nonsense btw) I post it here. Its my feedback to the game.
I have played the game for thousands of hours and the one and only time I stormed the ladder with a party, I was rank 1 assassin in the HC ladder, before I died. So I might know what I’m talking about.
It might be too much to ask for what I write here but whatever …

-Melee Characters: its insanity how terrible ALL of the melee characters are compared to ALL of the casters.
the solution is simple: all of the melee attacks deal percentage base splash damage.
even if your melee character one shots every monster it hits, it still means that you have to click all of them one by one, thats annoying and

needs a change …

-Bleeding-effect: Its terrible. it does 1 Point of damage per level of the enemy, stops the natural regeneration of monsters, ok cool.
but it needs a gigantic buff to become finally viable in hellmode.

-There are items in the game with the prefix: “+12-14 Chance to cast a Level 3-5 Nova when struck”
Make it so that the more items you have with that prefix (magic, rares, sets or uniques), the better the nova gets, so with a fully equiped character, you cast level 15 nova, if not level 25 novas, so +1-2 levels per items, so you can actually build something around it.

-Bugs that shouldnt be fixed:

Insight bug on the merc
Enchantres Bug on splashdamage with ravenclaw and kokaku shaku and so on.

Barbarian: 

Bash: Nonsens spell, replace it with something better or buff it to insanity.

There is a very niche Build, its called “Singer Barbarian”, this build needs a buff.
Give Warcry another synergie.

Totem: Give it a synergie with Warcry, everytime you cast WarCry, it casts it aswell.
Would be a huge buff and make the Singer Barb more viable.

Find Potion: Replace this nonesense skill with a better one.

Battleorders: I know I wont make friends with this one, but Battleorders needs an utterly nerf, its waaaaaaay too good.
Even if it would have +1% per level, it might still be too good.

Battlecommand: +1 skillevel every 10 levels, so +5 skills on level 50.

Paladin:

Sacrifice: Nerf the 8% damage to yourself to 4 or 5%, because you would need +32% lifeleech in hellmode to be able to use it, thats way too much.
Hammerdin: Animation looks dullish.
Heavensfist: Heavily increase the cooldown but also utterly boost its effect to some AoE lightning splashdamage, so its really really worth casting it and you can do somethingelse inbetween, deal some damage with melee attacks.

Necromancer:

Firegolem: Needs an utterfly powerfull buff, its insanity how terrible this spell is for a level 30 spell.

Poisondagger: Buff it in a way that it has actually very good singletarget damage and its not outscaled by poisonnova anymore.

Decripfy: There is absolutely, I mean absolutly absolutly no doubt about it, that this curse needs a nerf. I play alot of HC singleplayer with /players8 and decripfy itself, but even more lawbringer and of course reapers toll, makes it incredible/laughable easy.
You might even say, that its becoming a complete new game, if your merc has reapers toll.
Man … this weapon is better than cheating …

Skelletons: There is absolutely now doubt it: there numbers needs to be decreased and there value needs to increased, melee and mages.

Revive: Fix the poofing bug, where they disappear when out of range, god damn it…

Druide:

Summoningtree overall needs a gigantic buff + delete one pack of wolves and replace it with something better.

Mana and Life creeper: just combine these two and give the druide something better for the free skill.

Poisoncreeper: Without a doubt the worst skill in the entire game, needs a complete overhaul or a gigantic buff.

Iron barb: Terrible. Just delete it from the game and replace it with something cooler.

Aassassin:

shadowmeld: Bugfix the cooldown man.
Trapsin: Firetraps need an UTTERLY giant buff, more synergies and wake of inferno needs a changed effect, this nonense doesnt hit moving targets.
Lightning Sentry: This build needs a nerf, its too good, nerf the rage and damage.

Amazon:

Physical builds need a gigantic buff.
Javazones need a nerf.

Sorceress:

Firebolt: Nonesense spell, give it a cool sideeffect or replace it with something better.
Replace the ice armor with something cooler or buff to insanity because they are utterly crap.
Coldmastery: Needs a nerf

Mercs

Archers: Give them new spells
Desertguys: They are okay but new auras would be cool
Casters: Need an UTTERLY buff and new spells
Give act 4 some cool new mercs
Barbarians: Delete the god damn annoying bash from them and give them some new cool spells + AOE damage.

and of course the game needs a ton of new and harder endgame content, same as in project diablo 2.

Which is completely in vain since no one from D2 will ever see it here. You’d have a far better chance of it getting seen in the D2:2000 forum. You don’t need to own Resurrected to post there.

2 Likes

“You must own Diablo II (2000) to post on this forum.”

Obviously I got the game but not implemented in my bnet account.
So I’m kindly asking the staff to move my post there.

1 Like

Threads can be moved within their respective subforums, but unfortunately, they can’t be moved between the games.

If you link your old CD key to your Bnet account, you’ll be able to post on the D2:2000 forums.

Not allowing random people to post useless things there unless they really have the game, blizzard prevent haters from trying to give fake feedback. It’s a good decision. I hope they implement this here too.

This is the wrong forum for such posts. I think the classic forum for that? If that still exists.

Glad to see someone also recognised how terrible melee builds were in Diablo II. I tried so many times to make them work and no matter what, casters like Sorcress, Javazon, Hammerdin, Trap Assassin and the like were all a ton better. Sure you could force them to work by throwing dozens of HRs at them, but then are you surprised considering you have spent dozens of HRs to get to a similar farming speed as a Sorceress using mostly self-found gear? And being melee you are taking a ton more damage as well! Even without splash damage, boosting their damage 200-400% would be a must in my opinion.

Sadly they made it clear that Diablo II: Resurrected will not be changing game balance significantly. As such I suspect melee builds will have to suck outside of third party mods.

I think these were left over from the original Diablo II, before synergies were added. Since their damage scaled linearly with ability level, casting 2 low level novas were worth something to a lot of characters. Now, even if their levels did add together the damage is just so little compared with the main line spells due to all that synergy stacking.

All one can think of them is basically wasted slots. Affixes that are totally useless to fill slots that could have had a worth while affix in them. Most RPGs still use these.

Or give it synergy with find item such that in addition to also being cast when find item is cast (more potions always good), it raises magic find for find item significantly (better loot). Would make people respect find item barbarians more and maybe not try to explode or shatter everything.

Too much of a classic to change though. Nerfing its magic break those years ago was more than enough change to it.

Or at least needs better scaling with difficulty. Should be able to hit tens of thousands of damage in hell mode quite easily given how many points you need to dump into it and its syndergies.

The other curses are also very powerful. Life Tap is pretty much a staple of melee comps and smiters. Amplify damage is also better for pure speed if using a physical comp, just like how break resistances is for elemental comps. Decrepify is just a very well rounded curse.

Or their logic improved so they stop despawning all the time. Having large numbers of them is half the fun of necromancer and why Witch Doctor originally failed to fulfill that feeling in Diablo III. Currently you need HR gear to combat this bad despawning behaviour limiting how many minions the necromancer can use at a time.

This applies to all summons. Even skeletons.

It does not… It looks a lot better on paper than it actually is. Not only does ice have the lowest damage of all the elements, Ice also has the most complete immunities of all elements. Complete immunities cannot be broken because you cannot stack enough cold resistance reduction debuffs to break them. Even those that can be broken end up highly resistant to cold damage. The only thing it does well is melting monsters that are already vulnerable to cold, in which case people recommend only a few points in the skill. It also is strong in PvP, but that is another aspect and nothing related to PvM.

It has a massive reduction to resistances lowered when breaking immunities. On top of this a lot of monsters have well over immunity levels of cold resistance (150-200+%). Even with both conviction aura and high level cold mastery you are not breaking them.

The new “Blizzard”…resurrect games from 1999 and advertise them as “reforged” because they no longer have the talent to develop something new. This company has slid deep into the abyss.

1 Like

That is more an industry wide problem. Microsoft with Age of Empires and Halo, EA with Mass Effect, Ubisoft with Anno and various other series, Square Enix with Final Fantasy and even Nintendo with Mario and Legend of Zelda.