Diablo 2, Blizzard did great. Why not fix war3?

blizzard should at least add the co-op mode that was leaked. that is also a good way to get more money out of the game and every company loves money. by selling co-op commanders, they also have to keep the game updated to add more of them. that enables them to add in the missing features.

They can skip ladder since W3C has that covered imo, fixing alot of other bugs that plague the game is more important.

Given Warcraft III used to have a ladder and a big selling point of Reforged was an improved ladder, it certainly is something they should finish even if the match making or supporting systems are not ideal or people use W3Champions anyway. I suspect there is a lot of code already for it, just not finished.

This is about creating a finished product from a customer point of view, one with at least most of the major features Warcraft III had before. Currently Warcraft III Reforged is the only released game on the BattleNet application that can be truly called unfinished and is not a good image for the platform.

Activision Blizzard removed support and marketing for games in a similar state in the past. Remember Empire Earth 3 and other various Sierra games? Although Warcraft III Reforged is not as bad, it still has that unfinished feel to it with respect to what Warcraft III used to have.

From a professional stand point, or even legally ? it does seem like properly finishing everything is the right path to take, but a feature like ladder requires constant moderation and maintenance, and the level of care and attention we had previously from developers genuinely excited to add new things to the melee game like new items, abilities, tweaks to existing abilities and new functions was what actually made it interesting.

Without any hope for such level of quality, doing a lesser quality version of what W3C provides just to say ā€œhere we did it now leave us aloneā€ seems like a meaningless waste of resources and manpower to me when focus can be attributed to fixing alot of other things that is on the deathbed of never ever being paid attention to for the rest of this games lifespan.

Although, my suggestion that they should open up and support W3C instead remains the same, its the most ideal situation because if W3C tries to take balance into their own hands, as clean as they might do with discussing many parties across the board to make sure agreement is reached, that final tick of approval from Blizzard is certainly encouraging for an agreed upon balancing future.

I remember Empires Earth 3 actually, it seemed one of the weirdest RTSā€™s i played i donā€™t even recall enough memory to judge whether or not it was worse then Reforged, but by sheer fact of some semblance ā€œWarcraft IIIā€ as we know it is attached to Reforged functionally it does still win by default even if you compare melee to ā€¦ EE3ā€™s skirmish or multiplayer i guess.

I wonder if Reforged will ever come out of the free to refund stage if it never delivers the whole deal with the cutscenes or whatever those over ambitious mumbo jumbo was.

Diablo 2 for me is a success of Blizzard this time (from recent incidents), if the rumor is true about VV will handle war3, also Blizz said there is a ā€œdedicatedā€ team in progress (suspected confirmation?), Itā€™s a good new. At least VV can guaranty the quality and give us a small hope. Because I donā€™t think Blizzard right now is able to make anything that can be being great. They need time to recover and restructure from inside

But it still depends on a lot of things, Blizzard wants to resurrect War3 or not is the biggest question. If they want to do it, can they choose the right path? Can the team behind it (gladly, VV got the highest potential) be the savior?

blizzard is too occupied with internal struggles these days to have time for much. vicarious visions is not in those troubles. think the best course of action is to go back to beta and not set a deadline. instead release the game when it is ready.

Classic Team that worked on Reforged, while not perfect, certainly the higher in rank you go it more faulty they are with leaders and directors, some of its most key ~ more unkown and in the shadows individuals now laid off are a HUGE stab to the games future.

Vicarious Visions work or any mixed up Blizzard personal juggled from Diablo 4ā€™s team back and forth on Diablo 2R and then some do NOT transition to a useable workforce for Reforged. they dont have the same level of experience PRIOR to Reforged with Warcraft III as a game, and they certainly do not have the same level of experience POST Reforged where the community at large at that point had immensely communicated with the team and had gotten their message across. all this process has to be redone, this time around with less care and financial interest or support.

And remember, iā€™m not exactly saying Diablo 2 Resurrected Team is ā€œnoobā€ iā€™m saying their knowledge is incompatible for Warcraft III and that they would have to start from scratch and that my friend takesā€¦ TIME. time that we do not know if it started or was spared as of yet because clearly, effort was and is still being put into Diablo 2 as top priority to make sure everything after launch is delivered and later fixed.

Reforged was give or less getting constant patches 9 months after initial release, if thatā€™s true Diablo 2 is still to reach to that point before they redirect their attention.

Butā€¦ VV was literally absorbed into Blizzard, or more accurately moved from the Activision area to the Blizzard side. Those employees are just as likely to have been victims of sexual assault as any other department of Activision Blizzard. And not even just after they got reallocated to the Classic Team. It could have been way before that.

if they still work from the same location as they did before, then they will not have the same issues as blizzard.

You know, I havenā€™t seen a single reason to believe Vicarious Visions has any role in Classic Games, at all. Yeah, it was said in some news time ago but, for example, the people still working on Heroes of the Storm arenā€™t part of Vicarious Visions and have been there since way before the Classic Games team was ā€œdismantledā€ (and by the way those news were inaccurate: the team was decimated for sure, but not disbanded), and the official site of blizzard still lists a couple of job offers for Classic Games and they donā€™t have the ā€œVicarious Visionsā€ label unlike some jobs related to Diablo. And I havenā€™t seen a single VV employeer who claims to be working o Reforged or StarCraft.

1 Like

models are terrible. stop lying to yourself LMAO