Desync issues and games crashing

Hello, could any bluepost please shed some light on what is causing the desynchronizations and random crashes that we players experience daily when playing WC3:R custom games and Versus?
This is a serious issue and I think it deserves to be addressed. Thank you.

2 Likes

I have the same problem as you. Games usually exit while playing more than 30 minutes. I use high computer configuration also does not fix this. Blizzard please fix this, there are too many crashes and out games.

Hey there,

Lets go ahead and grab a winMTR so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the winMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the affected game for at least 15 minutes. Ensure the problem happens while the winMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording the problem data, click “export text” and save the winMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the winMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Hey, I have a Mac and not a PC so I wasn’t able to run WinMTR.exe.

edit: I searched for “WinMTR on Mac” and found some instructions on how to do this test using the Terminal program for Mac. However, I am not tech savvy enough for this. I guess I will just let this be.

I just really hope you would somehow fix 1. desync issues 2. performance issues 3. spikelag issues with the upcoming patch.

1 Like

Xen,

How about running a pathping instead? It’s very possible all of your problems are related, and if it’s a connectivity issue of some type, this isn’t something we’d be able to fix on our end. You’d need to troubleshoot and find the source so that you can resolve the trouble.

If you need more help with the tests, you might get help more quickly by contacting support directly - we can more easily walk you through things over tickets because we can get other system files which we can use to investigate the issue.

Hi, I tried running a pathping test in Terminal, but I get the error message “unknown host”. I tried using IP address europe(dot)battle(dot)net, 37.244.28.40, 37.244.28.140 - all supposedly being the IP addresses for WC3:R.

Update: I managed to run a program similar to WinMTR called Angry IP Scanner.

This was the result of the test. This is just after I desynced/got logged out of Bnet. Am I doing it right?

pastebin(dot)com/PSvJKNAL

Update 2: Just got disconnected from a game and logged out from BattleNet again. This time I was running Angry IP Scanner in the background. All the Hostname and Ping areas showed “[N/a]” and the IP showed red colour. Does this mean I am suddenly losing connection to your servers? What can I do about it? This would certainly explain why I can’t play the game at least…

Hey, Xen! The ping on that test is awfully high for certain IPs. We’re not too familiar with Angry IP Scanner to determine a proper diagnosis as its not an official tool we use, but it looks like some are peaking to the 1000ms.

This could possibly be a protocol issue causing the high latency. Let’s reset your computer’s TCP/IP and Winsock. This can resolve basic issues with browsing or connection issues.

1. Right click on your Windows Start Menu, and select “Command Prompt (Admin)” or just search for Command Prompt and right click, run as administrator.
  2. Now type in or copy and paste, “netsh int ip reset” Press Enter.
  3. Then do the same for “netsh winsock reset”
    Once it’s complete, you’ll need to restart the computer to complete the reset.

If it does continue, could you try running a traceroute test instead? While we can’t directly see packet loss here, we may be able to get a better idea to the desync issues.

Hi i think i had enough games that i simply discovered it is a frame timing typing cliq bug while playing between hdmi, crt, iMAC, and i resolved by simply pausing the game for 3 second and i got my games working

DESYNC WAS FIXED AFTER 1,31 PATCH maybe allah reforged it

1 Like

There were plenty of desyncs at the Dreamhack tournament. Pretending this is somehow the fault of the user is absolutely ridiculous. It’s gotten to the point where pro players are only playing with classic graphics for tournaments because they have to redo so many matches. This problem is easily repeatable on Blizzard’s end without requiring players to go through some arcane arbitrary process to report the problem.

How long did you guys have to build this game? Two years. What did you do besides replace the graphics and rip out all the functionality of the old game. And you farmed out the graphics to Malaysia. So what exactly have you guys been working on for the past two years? Why did you think it would be a good idea to release a buggy unfinished game?

We all knew the Activision merger would be the death of Blizzard. We all said it. Sure enough, here it is. The fall of a once great company. Can’t even put out a decent reskin of a 20 year old game. Microsoft is now making better games than you. That’s impressive…

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: HanaLinh - crashing after 30 minutes of gameplay

I use the R5 3600 processor along with Noctua’s large size cooling fan. I also use a GTX 1650 video card. I think more than 50% of the players have a computer configuration like me.
Taking a screenshot is difficult and the response is time consuming. But believe me because I am telling the truth, I am very passionate about this game.
Exit after 30 minutes of play occurs in Classic Version and Refoged. Hope you can fix it better, or maybe open the save game feature to be able to load the game if something goes wrong.

I tried to reset my computer’s TCP/IP. It made an slight improvement at first, I think, but now the problems are back. Game lags and performance is awful.

@Blueposts, I appreciate you trying to help and sharing your knowledge, but instead of constantly claiming it’s our - the players - fault the game is crashing, why don’t you actually play the game and see for yourself that this is not a hardware issue; there is something fundamentally wrong with the game itself! How can you straight up deny that?

We players have identified a number of triggers/repeatable scenarios causing desyncs and the game to crash. These were not happening in WC3. How can you NOT classify this a BUG? Rather than blaming us players, why can’t Blizzard admit it’s their games fault?

In custom games these desyncs often result in the whole lobby involuntary leaving the game. So even if this was to blame on a single user it is effectively ruining the whole multiplayer experience. Not to mention the fact there is no reconnect feature once kicked out of a game.

1 Like

It’s not always about blaming the players’ systems. It’s simply data point collection.

Sure, there are likely issues with stability, but not every disconnection is going to be the result of the game/server. Thus, the SFA’s ask that network tests be run to help locate where the issue is. If the tests suggest it’s not the players’ systems (or that it’s not the 1000’s of miles 3rd party internet infrastructure), that’s a valuable data point to be passed along to the developers.

And without those tests, there’s little for the developers to go on.

I’m having the same issues, desync from battle.net games, ping spiking to 4k, not having issues with any other online games. This is enough to warrant a refund, no better than WC3 old battlenet games.

Are you serious? This is 2020, for exactly what reason are people required to run this sort of extensive field testing after the re-release of a game, on top of that be charged so much money?

So I’m bumping this because I still haven’t got an answer to my original question. With the release of the new patch desyncs has gotten even more frequent for me and others, making maps such as Dota nearly unplayable. NOTE that this does not only affect me as an individual player but a desync very often disconnects the whole lobby.

Rather than giving you a winMTR I suggest you Blueposts investigate the easily repeatable scenarios causing these desyncs. For example, load up the most recent versions of Dota, select the hero Barathrum and use his ulti skill. Whole lobby should desync. Just CHECK THE CRASH REPORT MAYBE??? DO SOMETHING.

1 Like

Xen,

Sorry for the delay here, we didn’t catch your reply. There aren’t currently any large scale reports like there were a few patches ago. To be clear, this doesnt’ mean that NOBODY is having desyncs, but that the reports seem to be back down to normal levels right now. Desyncs have dozens of reasons, and a coding bug is only one of them. If you’re not willing to troubleshoot with us, there’s not really anything else we can do for you here. If you’re fully convinced you’ve found a bug - we have forums for that.

If you’d like any further help from us in this thread, we’ll need you to post the tests we requested earlier.

1 Like

Drakuloth,

I appreciate your response. I will do the test when I have more time. Btw I apologize for my upset tone in the previous post.

All the best

Hey, no worries, I absolutely understand that this is frustrating and ultimately what you want to do is get the game working. That’s what we want for you as well! We’re collecting information with you to see what we might be able to find together. Please reach back out once you have that done - it’ll help us narrow things down some more.

Good luck until then!