Custom Keys

you still didnt explain how you can reach Tab esc F1 or the rest of the # keys, its much less convenient if your putting your hand on the numpad instead of the letter keys because you have farther to reach

i dont need to reach them when i can keybind them somwhere else, simple as that.

thumb goes on Ctrl rest of fingers on QWER makes for the easier setup with the least amount of reaching

ditch the arrow keys bro, its a handicap

good luck, the above guide has all the tools you need for customizing ANY key on your keyboard

one does not simply just switch hands

why do you act so immature? I did not say to hold the mouse in your right hand

I said place your RIGHT THUMB on Ctrl and the rest of your RIGHT-HAND fingers on QWER

I swear everytime I type you dont even read it you just rant and rant

because i tried and my brain goes mental when i doā€¦
try writing with the other hand, you wont do it
its like ā€œhold ur dick in the other handā€ somethings wont feel right.

I already explained this, I get it, you played using the arrow keys for many years, and now your stuck in a groove and dont want to change. I get it, I hear it from people all the time.

But I play many games and they dont all have the same buttons. We all deal with it

Im just trying my honest to goodness best to explain to you thatusing the arrow keys is not the best way to play WC3 and its certainly not very common. Yes there are some people who like using the arrow keys, but I promise you and Im not saying this to be a dick, but I promise you the arrow keys are a handicap

You just need to give it a few days or weeks of practice and eventually if you just relax and take minute to think about it, you will eventually get used to the setup I am trying to get your brain to understand.

Right thumb on Ctrl, rest of fingers on QWER

if you use Blizzards hotkeys they put spells on ZXCV but thats sucks, its much better with spells on QWER (like in my setup) that way you can easily reach Esc, F1, Tab, and the other # keys all with your main 4 fingers

it really is very simple if you just keep reminding your self Ctrl QWE ctrl QWE all without the arrow keys (just forget about the arrow keys)

tldr i wont do it.

ā€¹^ā€ŗ

im out

there is a program called warkey and you can change the grid to your likes !

hello, i read that you have problem with the place of the grid and i would like to ask you something as left handed user. have you ever seen keypad? do you think it can work for you? i have this one ā€œGamesir GK100ā€ and helps me focusing on less keys. give it a try it might help you

sadly you cant change gridletters to numpad in warkeys either
youve had to go through all the god damn textfile, somwhoe figure out what the {???} commands are for numpad and pagedwn, delete, end, pos1 etc. are and search for every single command on every single unit you want and change itā€¦

figuring this out would propably take like half a dayā€¦i did it back in the days, yes i did but it is 2020 com on blizz just make a keybinds menu.

@kostasvapo well keypad does not have arrowkeys, i like my arrowkeys.

I want to make QWER to NUMPAD1234 attack to DELETE inventory to INSERT,HOME,PAGE UP,END,PAGE DOWN.

Lefthander here ! Waiting for some update by blizzard, can think we are on 2020 with a game in a state like thatā€¦

I am lefthander too.

the only way is to download smth like soft to rebind buttons in entire windows.
or if u have razer keyboard use razer synapse

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THAT IT WONT WORK

CAN YOU PEOPLE NOT COUNT

THE QWER GRID HAS 12 KEYS + 6 KEYS FOR INVENTORY AND A WHOLE LOT MORE

THE NUMPAD HAS 9 KEYS + A FEW ADDITIONAL RANDOM KEYS THAT SERVE NO PURPOSE

WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO PUT YOUR CONTROL GROUPS HOW CAN YOU REACH F1 OR ESC OR TABā€¦ YOU CANT FIT THOSE ALL ON THE FRIGGIN NUMPAD!!!

THAT IS NOT HOW YOU PLAY WC3

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

did you not read the replies to the OP? the 2nd reply I posted a full guide on how to customize every key on your keyboardā€¦ BUT NOBODY CAN HANDLE READING AROUND HERE LMAO

IF YOU ARE LEFT HANDED AND YOU HOLD THE MOUSE WITH YOUR LEFT HANDā€¦ THEN YOU SHOULD BE PLACING YOUR RIGHT-HAND THUMB ON YOUR LEFT Ctrl KEY AND THE REST OF YOUR FINGERS GO ON QWER FOR EASY ACCESS WITH NO REACHINGā€¦ YOU SHOULD NEVER BE USING THE ARROW KEYS TO SCROLL THE SCREEN

I HAVE SAID THIS AT LEAST 5x NOW PLEASE LEARN TO READ

https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/69p3nv/improved_custom_hotkeys_setup_by_wtvr/

Please CLICK ^here^ and READ ^this^ GUIDE

1 Like

Ok. Lets all calm down and be productive here.

@wtvr: Just please accept that we wont change our playstyle or hotkey setup for this one single game, no we wont.

i have one question: did you make the bindings for the customkeys.txt yourself or are u relinking this from reddit only?

Are u the guy originally making the qwertz etc. .txt files they are linking there?

(im not asking to offend, im asking cuz in the .txt file you have the keybind commands for example E= {E} so im asking if you did them cuz if you did do u know the commands for Pagedown, PageUp, Delete, End, Pos1 and all the numpad?

For example is Numpad1 = {Num1} ?

or is Numpad1 some number??? whats the command for the buttons?

if i know the commands i can rewrite the entire .txt thats how lefties did it back in the days 20 years ago with TFT.

And YES i READ all the redditā€¦BUT what we want is TO BIND THE FOLLOWING BUTTONS:

• Delete
  • Pos1
  • End
  • PageUp
  • PageDown
  • RightShift
  • RightCTRL
  • NumPad 0-9
  • NumPad ,
  • NumPad /
  • NumPad /
  • NumPad *
  • NumPad -
  • NumPad +

THOSE are the Buttons we need the specific Commands for in order to go through all the .txt file and manually change every single command for every single unit.

for example, triggering and researching BlinkStrike looks like this:

[a0pL]
Tip=(|cffffcc00W|r) Blink Strike - [|cffffcc00Level 1|r],(|cffffcc00W|r) Blink Strike - [|cffffcc00Level 2|r],(|cffffcc00W|r) Blink Strike - [|cffffcc00Level 3|r],(|cffffcc00W|r) Blink Strike - [|cffffcc00Level 4|r]
Researchtip=(|cffffcc00W|r) Learn Blink Strike - [|cffffcc00Level %d|r]
Hotkey=W
Researchhotkey=W
Buttonpos=1,0
Researchbuttonpos=1,0

So changing the Hotkey to like L or K works but what to tell the .txt file if want i want Numpad 1? Cuz simply ā€œ1ā€ does not work. Thats what it boils down to.

SO: if someone can tell me those commands we could actually get something done hereā€¦and dont tell me its not possible because it is cuz i did so 20 years agoā€¦i just cant remember.

Instead of being rude to the person helping you, you should take their advice and then continue on to googling the next part of the question that will ultimately solve your problem.

The biggest hint I found in the CustomKeys.txt file was the following:

//cancel
[CmdCancel]
Hotkey=27

This is a decimal value. Now, all you have to do is go ask Doctor Google for the decimal values of the keys youā€™re asking for.

Iā€™ll save you some time:

Now I ask you to apologise for trolling the guy that gave the best possible answer.

You can now try to map the keys using decimal values and use the very inefficient key binds you plan to use.

Cheers.

Gobble.

1 Like