Custom Hotkeys when?

When will you add custom hotkeys so i can map scroll with wasd.

1 Like

are you talking about custom maps or standard melee?

using the keyboard to scroll would put you at a big disadvantage if you are looking to play competitive multiplayer, you really should be using the keyboard for casting abilities and grouping units

heres the best setup for custom hotkeys:

I want w= up a = left s = down d = right.

Followed by q-e-r-f being my spells i set them to. I may need end up buying a new keyboard since steel series stopped support for mine.

where would you put attack, stop, hide, or levelup

If they do custom hotkeys, I hope they do it a lot better than SC2. SC2 has been bugged since beta.

whats wrong with the current method?

Hots has the type of custom keys i want for wc3

I thought hots used QWER for spells and ASD for attack stop hide?

No idea i customed them.

wasd move the screen.

q is attack move
e-r-f are my spells
v is my teleport
c- is my mount

HotS only requires you to control 1 hero and doesnt have Ctrl Groups though

ctrl + number is for groups then the number buttons are right above where i want them.

Also items are bound to the mouse top left right and bottom left

most common spell is r followed by the second to f ect. the level up is always just clicked on for choice the button to select it is the one to cast it.

also tab switches between unit types.

I mean I’m sure you can do it, but I really think your putting too many keys for your hand when you could just use the mouse to edge scroll

there is a big difference in pressing one button 1 button away from your finger then. say scrolling your mouse around the screen then trying to refind the unit.

Right now say in hots i can , s go down and keep my mouse on the unit i want to target then click the button 1 space away.

VS bringing the mouse down to the bottom wait for it to scroll then repostion the mouse and then cast.

thats the difference between .5 second spell cast vs a 1 second spell cast.

Well I cant say if blizz will add this or not, but if you want it is possible to do it with AHK in the guide I linked above, but obviously it would take quite a bit of time to setup. I really cant see how it would be that helpful though

You can press the mouse scroll down and pan the camera too, so you don’t have to move the mouse cursor on the screen.

Grid Layout: Simple WASD Camera Fix