Custom hotkeys are not working even when modifying manually

what do you mean? don’t you have it backed up somewhere? why would you have to remake it?

if it was a problem specifically with legacy customkeys files.

problem finally fixed now, although i’m not sure which file fixed it. i put one in every location i could think.

strange that it was probably working the whole time but i was restarting, then loading the same saved SP custom game. before, if you changed hotkeys in the .txt file and then reloaded, the key would update, so you could use it immediately.

now, if the unit you want to use a changed hotkey for has already been made, the hotkey won’t update, making it a bit annoying to test whether changes to the hotkey file are working (you have to remake the custom and rebuild and make whatever you need to get to whatever tech/hero/unit’s hotkey you’ve changed). SP cheats sped it up but still annoying.

I tried reinstalling and all 4 locations but to no avail.

I can’t play without hotkeys.

can you msg me on reddit

any news about a fix for that ?

I changed the text encoding from ANSI to UTF-8 (in the “save as”-menu under text-encoding) and now my hotkeys are working

Hey, i was having the same issue, but i managed to solve it.

I remember i tried everything i looked up, creating a folder named “CustomKeysBinding” with a .txt named “CustomKeys” inside, i tried using the software ‘Warkeys’, went to option in the game to check the custom keys box, spent a good amount of time trying stuff. When i was about to give up, i read here, on other comments, that nowadays you must put the customkeys.txt inside a folder called X86, or X86_64 depending on your version of the game, i’m not really sure which one. I’m also not sure if i need to just put the txt. file, or create a folder called “CustomKeysBinding” with the CustomKeys.txt file inside, for i did both. Regardless, IT WORKED, and my custom keys are functional.

Hope this helps. God bless.

1 Like

thank you man . It worked

1 Like

Hi, little up of the topic.

CustomKeys.txt work, you have to put it in your document>Warcraft III>CustomKeyBindings and active personnal keybind in game setting.

But there is a few things I observe that didn’t work :

• Invisibility from the cloak of shadow (because it change from the elfe invisibility)
  • The Purge (Expiation) from shaman that doesn’t work anymore. Still G.

just use the w3champions launcher there is a hotkey tool no need to do it by hand