Custom Games: No names and can't join once started

Hello. I’m having an issue where i can’t connect to certain custom game lobbies

When i join the lobby i cannot see names, and if the game starts i do not end up joining and stay in the lobby.
I have tried renaming/deleting the map folder in my documents, deleting and re downloading the custom map, reinstalling reforged, scan and repair… nothing has worked so far…

Is the game unfixable at this point?

1 Like

Did you try running the game with all of the following (simultaneously):

• The latest version of genuine Microsoft Windows
  • No third party tools or mods
  • A computer that has ONLY ONE (1) NVIDIA™ brand graphics card with native support for DirectX 12+, AND no integrated graphics or other cards
  • A high-end i7 or AMD Ryzen CPU
  • Moving to North America, preferably to the United States (solves internet connectivity issues – this is probably the only location developers had access to test from)
  • Only play Public games of Warcraft III: Reforged, as the “private” or friend-only versions of the games are said to have issues (I haven’t personally tested them in more than a year)
  • A computer with at least 16 GB of RAM
  • Warcraft III having permission through any and all possible firewall systems on your Windows installation (I do not recall having to do anything with this, but my Windows configuration may be less security conscious than other users)

When I play with computers that match all of the above criteria, as far as I know the game works fine for me. [Edit: I played a ton of custom games this weekend with friends in a voice chat, and the game functioned. Any and all issues that we experienced were matters of Reforged not supporting obscure aspects of user-generated content, or players randomly having their game crash or exit during play. But as far as I know, that is expected for Reforged, and everyone was able to join the game at the start.]

I’ve done all that and still when I join public games I instantly \leave\ even though I’m in the lobby but no names are shown not even my own. I’ve uninstalled wc3 again and hunted down every single file related to wc3 and got rid of it, even uninstalled the beta. Reinstalled the game and still can’t seem to play any games, even custom games offline I can’t play/make. I’ve been playing wc3 since it came out 2002

What? lol

The game works just fine with AMD GPUs.

Will run fine on 8GB

I was having the same issue on my fresh install of windows 11; found out it the problem was Defender, once disabled I was able to see everything. But since its my AC I just added Battlenet and WC3 folders into the exclusion list.

The thing that solved it for me was renaming the Warcraft III folder to something else (wc3game or something so you’ll recognise it) and then launching the Warcraft III Launcher.exe from that folder. Now everything works for me.

2 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH! The one thing I didn’t think of :sob:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.