Curious Case of 3v3 Ladder or mission impossible

Background info: I recently returned to War3 after years of rustiness. I played 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 with every race and random recently and got MMR between 4.8 and 5.8 depending on a type of the game and bracket. I believe that it is modest to assume that I can stay at 50 % win/lose ratio.

in 3v3 Random I ended up with 2 wins /3 loses and 5.2 MMR. I decided to make it to 50 % and here my saga has started.

Actuals:
I played additional 81 game and put them all into excel sheet for analysis.
My score is 37-44 and I dropped to 4.7 MMR, lol. Let’s try to figure out why:

1. Every fifth game there is a leaver. I got 16 leavers, tried to play 2v3 three times and once me and my partner were successful. Which leaves me with 15 loses.

2. Because of 5k MMR I’ve been matched vs % ratio scum, sorry AT players. Technically every 3v3 game in random teams at around 5k MMR there is 100 % chance that you get one clueless player and your chances vs organised AT team are 0. I got 11 loses like that.
    Behaviour of those scumbags is a different story, perfectly knowing that other team has 0 chances they allow themselves sarcastic comments and unacceptable behaviour.

3. Leavers on other side. There were 15 in total. If opposite team quit immediately
    I am getting a screen “waiting for result bla bla bla” and I don’t get a victory. If they play, that happened 2 times out of 15, then when you beat them - it is counted. So I am missing 13 wins here.

4. MMR matchups - how the hell does that work? Why me at 4.8 MMR or 5.2 MMR get two clueless guys and I am matched vs 5.6 and 5.3 and 4.9? Who was making that system? Is that person aware of basic math? Can’t comment on loses earned because of reckless noobs.

Technically my score is supposed to be 50 wins (37 wins + 13 wins which were not counted) and 18 loses (44 - 15 leavers - 11 AT scum). But, instead of 50-18 I have 37-44, brilliant!

Summary:
Blizzard WTF?

Fixes:

1. Immediately ban AT vs random teams
    This is unethical you are basically supporting bullying, it is like older kids taking away pocket money from younger ones. I know you have 0 morale as a company, but there are bounds of decency. Those AT scumbags are calling themselves “battlnet elite” while in reality they are just a bunch of pathetic virtual thugs.

2. Fix leavers victories. Either I get both wins or loses for leavers or I get nothing in both cases. Not that I am getting loses only, how fair is that? What is wrong with you?

3. Do simple rebalancing with MMR, no 4.8 & 4.7 & 3.8 vs 5.7 & 5.3 and 4.6 is not fair. Do you see were there is disproportion or I have to point it out?

In any case you will not do anything as always, so no thanks in advance.

1 Like

You’ve missed that the ladder was implemented in patch 1.33, and has never functioned correctly.

You’'ll want to install W3Champions and play there.

W3C does not have 3v3, or didn’t the last time I tried it. So if you’re a fan of that, W3C is not an option.

As for the matching system, it is well known that it does not currently sort the matched players into teams to form similar average MMRs, so no matter how functional the game itself is, it will nearly always be a team of higher MMRs vs a team of lower MMRs which sets people below 5000MMR up to fail and people above that have an easy time most of the time (roughly)

Totally Agree!
It’s exaclty my opinion.I said it many times, but others silenced me!

Plus now I encountered a player (there are some in game chat message flooders) who can now even draw a big nasty picture on screen (from characters like - . < > ~ ! .
Sorry I used the term “player” because I cannot said his name (they silence me if I say) but he actually does not play the game, he just plays with our patience.
And nobody ban their accounts, and is obvious they cannot copy paste so fast, so using some external software.

And do not talk me about W3Champions - I want to play original game, and sure if Flooding is allowed here, there also is allowed.

And I proposed another improvement for MMR. So besides MMR computation, the system could record: player A played 3x in a row with player B (due to MMR matching) so for the fourth matchmaking those players must be mandatory in opposite teams.
This could at least mix up teams after few games => More fairness !

We all face these problems. Often, players with good stats get better teams than everyone else. The system in Bnet is flawed. I stopped playing on Bnet a few weeks ago, which is a real shame because that’s where I want to be. So, I switched to WC3 Champions. Regardless of the waiting time, it’s worth it because people don’t leave games as they do on Bnet. Bnet is currently broken, and it’s unlikely they will fix it for several months or even years. I fully agree with what Curt is saying.

I think AT (Arranged Team) can play against RT (Random Team) to help AT find matches more easily, but they should be matched against slightly higher MMR opponents, not significantly higher though.

There aren’t many players left in the game. I don’t know the exact number, but it’s not many.

WC3 Champions is a viable alternative until they fix the game, I would say. They have a level system, good MMR balance, and teams. I’m not saying you have to do it, but it’s probably the best option right now. The queue times are longer, but it’s worth it when you have intense matches in 4v4 or 2v2. However, as Captain mentioned, it’s true that they might not have your favorite 3v3.

But I’ve completely stopped using Bnet and will probably wait until they fix the system in Bnet.