Community Feature

Proposal for a new feature in Warcraft III
Communities!

It’s important for Warcraft III that you can host games via Blizzard. That’s for sure…
Warcraft III was kept alive by the multiplayer. The host bots contributed a lot.
I’m aware that it is a problem to run the games over foreign bots and i’m completely on your side with this topic. But the providers were much more than simple providers. Whether BK, ENT or any other hoster… Groups, Clans and Gaming Families were founded. Everyone offered their own ranking system.
Now that the host bots have been taken away, all this is gone…
Here, my suggestion:

Communities
There is a new tab in Warcraft III “Community”
You can join or create your own community. Important to mention is that you can join more than one community. There are many benefits that a community has.
Here is a list:

• The possibility to host one or more games automatically. Example:
    Game #1 0/4 Players -> Game #1 starts -> Game #2 is created
    With the possibility to host several games you can play different maps in a community.
  • You can join via your community in their games. You can see a list of games which are currently open in your community.
  • Every community is possible to set up an own ranking system for different games.
  • Gimmicks like custom or colored names. You can give Moderators or Admins from your community these gimmicks or add a point shop where a normal player can purchase with points which they get by winning games.

A few points I do not need to explain further:

• Community (C = Community) Chat
  • C Moderator and Admin system
  • C Ban and Kick System (Out of Clan)
  • C Game Log System

Apart from the community feature there should be a party feature too.
As the leader you can join a community with your party and join games with every member at once. As the leader, you can join a community with the whole party and join games with all at once.

That would be everything for now.
Do you have any suggestions? Everything else follows under “Edit”

EDIT//

[Title edited by forum moderator. Forum moderator note: Calling out individual developers or the development team in your title or post is against our forum guidelines. Please focus on discussion of the feedback/suggestion in your thread.]

4 Likes

you ask too much from them, they do not have qualified developers to implement this functionality. see what they did with game and they just added crossrealm game hosting…
NOBODY make release to production on last work day of week! NOBODY!!!

2 Likes

I believe the most simple way is to revive 1.30.1 and have it own server.
Keeping 1.30.1 and 1.30.2 separated.
Those who want bots, can download and play 1.30.1 and those who want to host own games play 1.30.2.

The problem is that there were players who did not buy the game. Blizzard had no access to it because the data was on other servers. That’s why Blizzard needs its own servers. They give the communities that kept Warcraft III alive no chance to do anything anymore. That’s why this proposal came. The providers do not need to pay server costs more but can continue to entertain their “family”.

supporting two cross-incompatible versions of the game is dividing the community. That’s not what I would want.

I propose to quickly role back to previous version. Continue developing and fixing bugs on the latest version on a beta server.

How to play this game when you didnt buy it?
this makes no sense

I own Warcraft 3 since 15 years^^

1 Like

me2 ^^ btw guys this is a fantastic idea from this creator of thread

Warcraft gives away most if they do not work on such a feature or something like that.

I can well imagine that Blizzard will add a party system in the future. Whether you can create a community in it is the other question.