We wanted to have a go-to resource for some of the most common technical issues you can experience in Blizzard games. Each of the following goes over types of technical problems and links to troubleshoot resources.
Before troubleshooting the problem, we suggest checking out Known Issues thread. We try to keep this as up to date as possible with known conflicts.
- System Requirements for Warcraft III: Reforged
- Installation and Patching
- Crash Troubleshooting
- Performance Troubleshooting
- Connection and Latency
Need more help?
Technical issues are frustrating to try and diagnose on your own. Fortunately, we have both a helpful community and support staff who can help locate the problem with you. If you prefer to troubleshoot with the community and blue posters, or see if anyone else is having similar issues. Start a thread with this information:
All Technical Issues
- Create a copy of your DxDiag file using these instructions. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde ( ~ ) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
~~~ DxDiag Goes here ~~~
- A list of any troubleshooting you’ve performed already.
- A description of what you’re doing when the problems happen, any error messages received, and what it ‘looks like’ to you when it happens.
Connection or Installation Issues
- WinMTR tests to the server you’re playing on. Run these tests while the problem is actively happening. If you catch a disconnection or latency issue with the test, it will make it easier for us to find the problem.
Note that not all threads may receive a thread a reply from support staff. If you need immediate one-on-one help from a Game Master, you can submit a ticket, live chat, or callback request. When submitting the file, make sure you include all the information as well as a copy of an MSINFO file.
Please do not attach full MSINFO files to your forum posts.