Click 'Play' says 'Launching' for 1-2 seconds then nothing

I’m tearing out my hair here. This happened with the Classic version of the game and now since I bought Reforged, the same damn thing.

I hit Play on the Launcher, it waits for a few seconds, then Play pops back as though it instant crashes.

2 Likes

Same here.

I cant seem to login wc3 reforged battle.net server… was working fine then backed out to see replay now cant log back in, i just get server queue position 1 with 1 or 2 sec wait time then error and have to keep retrying

Mine gives me a black screen for like 1 sec but it goes away and the game dosent start

uninstall and delete all files from the install location that may get left over, then reinstall.

your security software might be blocking it then. This is literally the only thing I can imagine that could prevent that from happening. It installs the exe for me, and this is the first i’ve ever heard of people not having an executable.

You should post a pic (put link in code tags </> ) of your game install folder

I deleted my previous two posts, it did in fact download the .exe

Now I’m back to square one with it crashing within a second or two, doesn’t even launch a window.

Howdy!

We had a Battle.net service outage yesterday, but I don’t see that causing crashing. That issue was resolved within a few hours. If your crashing problem still occurs, I recommend reviewing our troubleshooting Here. Then contact our support team Here. Make sure you include your system files on the ticket and the troubleshooting you already completed.

Thank you.

I appreciate the information, but it doesn’t even generate a crash message or an error log.

It’s literally ‘Press Play’ and it says Launching for 2-4 seconds and then goes back to ‘Play’ instead of Running.

Please do the following:

• hit the startmenu, type dxdiag (windows 10/11), hit enter; or press windows key + R and type dxdiag and hit enter
  • in the diagnostic tool window that appears, click “Save All Information” and save the file somewhere you can find it
  • open the file in notepad, Select All, and press Ctrl + C.
  • go to pastebin.com, and paste the text you copied, then click create new paste at the botom, then use code tags to post the link, like this
link goes here
  • Create a support ticket as the rep here advised, and make sure to provide them with the same information.

Same issue. Ticket Number: *******619

Happening for me as well. Starcraft does this too now. Is Blizzard really just going o keep ignoring this?

You need to post the specifics, use pastebin to post your dxdiag file, make a support ticket, and provide the dxdiag in the support ticket too. Just whining and saying “why havent they fixed it yet” isn’t going to get it fixed sooner. If you want to see stuff get fixed, then give them the technical data that might help them fix it.

My game worked fine.
Since 1 day - after clicking the play button - The “Door opening intro” starts up and 1 second after the game INSTANT closes without any error or anything.
Windows 11

The original issue for this thread was resolved. Make sure to start a new one if you run into your own startup or crashing issues.