Chrome os sucks

Seriously, am I screwed? I just downloaded Warcraft 3, trying to get a hold of anyone at Blizzard is useless. Did I just waste my money? It won’t run and I need specific instructions to get this going…if it will even start!

ok, i am here to help. before i can help you however i need to know more about your hardware and your software. please tell me everything about that.

I have an HP chrome book, what do you specifically need to know? 32 GB system, Linux

Warcraft III does not support Linux. This is likely the cause of your problems.

Although Windows compatibility layers are getting quite good, fundamentally they are still imperfect. This is especially the case for more modern graphics APIs like D3D11 which is used by the current version of Warcraft III. I suggest contacting the developers of the compatibility layer you use in case they know of the cause or can offer you more advice.

you could install windows. windows costs to install once per pc but, it have no additional costs.

wow for real, that is so awful…

No. Get discord and go to gym dot back2warcraft dot com. There’s a linux channel, in the stickies I wrote an extensive guide, if you don’t understand anything just ask me.

Blizzard never supported Linux just like the majority of others studios and when you are using only Linux, you should know it by now.
Also work on your attitude. You seem very toxic

Edit: And -btw- it runs just fine on my Linux.
How about you get a real laptop and use the Chromebook for what it is designed for:
a browser shipped with hardware.

there is different versions of linux. some is good for gaming while others might be better for other things. what type of linux do you have?