Can't play classic Warcraft 3

So apparently the play option for Warcraft 3 disappeared from my battlenet account? I know I refunded reforged awhile ago, but could still play with the classic graphics, but battlenet is now just telling to buy the game?

Greetings,

Try to install the game using the old client, so the system can register again your old CD-Keys. Here’s the link.

Found the folder still on my computer and launched the game from there, that added the launcher back to battlenet

Another work around that some people have posted is to use the BattleNet application in off-line mode (no account logged in). It should give you the option to install any game, even those you do not own.

It’s the Battle.net DRM that was introduced with Reforged that’s screwing you over. You’ll have to roll back to a pre-Reforged client. There are older threads on this forum that tell you how to do that.

If you don’t own Refirged, as long as you have a RoC CD key linked to your Battlenet account, you can still play the Classic mode of WC3R.

If you don’t have the key linked, but have a physical key somewhere, you can link it in your Bnet account.

If you don’t have a key at all, then the only way to play WC3 is by rebuying Reforged.

Having said all that, if you do have a linked RoC CD key but the launcher says “Buy”, then it doesn’t realize the game is installed. Try pointing the launcher to the installation location.

1 Like