Can't find Maps Folder

Hi,

I just bought Warcraft 3 TFT and i can’t find any Map folder. When I play on Battlenet and download maps directly via the game, it works, the maps are saved.

The problem is : I’d like to download maps on internet.
I tried to create a Map folder, the folder appears on the game but every map i tried (maybe 5 or 6) gives me an error (without any error message)

Thanks

6 Likes
6 Likes

Thank you for replying. But it’s not exactly the same problem. There is no folder at all, i did a full research on my mac and it didn’t find any Maps folder :confused:

I tried to insert screenshots but it says: you can’t include links in your post.

So, there is my warcraft folder in Documents, inside there is Warcraft launcher, data, x86_64 ( inside this one i only have “Warcraft” and this is where i tried to create a Map folder, i can see the folder in the game but every map i put it in doesn’t work)

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s the same for mac
Also you can post links like this:
http/yourlink/.shar
when posting a link select it with your mouse (pad) and press this icon </> on top of the typing window

2 Likes

I have exactly the same issue. No maps folder, no campaign folder, no saved games folder, no nothing. Just this file x86_64 and a couple more files unrelated

6 Likes

same for me, no map folder…

1 Like

Hello guy’s, same here. I installed W3 once, i had the map folder, due to some issue, i had to uninstall and intall again the whole game.
And now, i don’t have anymore a ‘Maps’ folder. I’ve got basic maps related to the game but when I try to put downloaded maps (anywhere, i tryed all folder), i can’t see them in the game.

If someone have an issu…
Regards,

3 Likes

I am having the same issue, has any one resolved it?

1 Like

In a post from Triggerhappy he said:

"Also, the folder for maps has been moved in OSX. It’s now located at “~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Warcraft III/Maps/”. "

See If this solves your problem.

2 Likes

For custom maps, take a look at this post:

1 Like

This fixed my problem for me! Thank you so much you are a true hero!

1 Like

For me, maps are located here:
C:\Users\eldak\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps

So not directly in the game folder but in documents

18 Likes

Thanks Eldakien ! great help !!!

This is the right address everyone use it and replace the name in it with your very own CPUs. Thanks. I also stream games on Twitch at ‘welzthegr8’

For me I had to go to my Users folder then my username > Library > Application Support > etc
so…
/Users/[YourMacUsername]/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Warcraft III/Maps

1 Like

Thanks bro. That worked for me

does not show at all the maps folder in my windows document