Can't access reforged mode

Operating System - Windows 7
Graphics Device - Intel ® HD Graphics

Are you seriously telling me that you are hardcode checking cards without giving the possibility to run the game as they prefer and you even show an incorrect error message on a unknown reason grayed out button???
Do you know that TFT could even run on a 16mb video card if properly configured?

Does:
“Reforged Mode Unavailable. Requires Warcraft III: Reforged.”
look like:
“Your card is not supported. Requires a better video card.”
to you?

Is the interface of the menu Reforged style too? cause my graphic card can handle it just fine. So what’s wrong with the game itself?

3 Likes

I have Windows 10, AMD phenom™ 9650 quad-core processor 2.30 Ghz, with 7 GB of ram. Not much of a computer guy so hopefully this is enough to see if I meet the requirements

That’s a fair point. It’s strange that instead of it saying something along the lines of your computer can’t handle the game it just says requires reforged

i am also facing the same issue

tried reinstalling it problem remain same

facing the same problem can anyone help please…

same isssue with windows 10 and gts 360m

Win 10x64 up to date
AMD Radeon HD 4870
AMD Phenom II X4 940
8GB Ram

I have sent a ticket asked for clarification also implying that I don’t need a game which I cannot use, even after I followed all the instructions proposed in this forum. Funny thing is I just received an email advertising to play Warcraft Reforged now!

Is this game just about bad timing?

1 Like

I’m having the same issues
Operating System : Win 10 x64
Graphics Device : Geforce GTX 960M
RAM : 16GB
Processor : Intel Core i7-6700HQ

Video: Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Processor: Intel i3-2100 3.10GHz
Memory: 6GB RAM

just get a refund guys its the only answer.

Hey all,

Thank you for the continued reports! So far we have nailed down 4 common causes for this error. These are:

• The account does not own Reforged. Please check your order history.
  • The system does not meet the minimum requirements to run Reforged mode.
  • The local game client isn’t pulling updated information from our servers. Typically a password reset should force both the servers and the local game client to refresh the account data.
  • Controlled Folder Access blocking the app from reading/writing data to some folders.

Thanks again for the continued reports. Please let us know if the issue persists and you have checked all 4 of the above items.

Done, doesn’t work

Should the game not even start? Isn’t the background of main interface based on Reforged? I can see it without any problem.

Done, doesn’t work

Just reset my password and still no luck. In my transaction history it shows that I purchased Reforge, and i am a few hairs under minimum requirements having the radeon 4500… will I need to just get a better graphics card to play reforge mode?

You should include the windows 10 anti ransomware feature as one of the options.

Had the case with all menus being blank and the classic/reforged switch disable with error message saying reforge needed. At some point noticed the windows notification about blocked folder access saying unauthorized changed to folder blocked for warcraft III.exe.

Once i allowed it access, everything started working again and the reforged option was also enabled.

is a GeForce GTX 1080 good enough? I would have thougth so.

So would that be in the anti virus program?

Hello! Can I be added to the list? I also bought the game - preordered the Spoilers of War edition sometime late last year. So I have the problem of being able to play the game and access the campaign, but only in Classic; the option to switch to Reforged is greyed out despite owning the game.

I played the buggy beta a few times before quitting frustrated. I had hoped that at least some issues were addressed by the actual game release but it appears that this is a bit of a mess as well. Long time StarCraft and Warcraft III fan, so I’m really hoping this gets sorted out.

My Specs:
OS Windows 10 64-bit
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3101 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
RAM - 16GB

1 Like

Hey there Battlez,

I went ahead and added Metsavend’s fix to the list of causes. Instructions for the Controlled Folder Access (Microsoft’s anti-ransomeware feature) can be found below:

That said, since your GPU is slightly below min specs I cannot guarantee Reforged Mode will be available on the system.