Can Blizzard improve Reforged graphics?

No one use it, I have checked all twitch channels, no one use the new graphics, Ofc its obvius why.

Too long of a question. The correct question is - can Blizzard improve?

10 Likes

I use them. If those Twitch streamers are playing custom games, a lot of custom maps were not updated to support the Reforged assets and they won’t be shown even if you have them on.

Or they don’t actually own reforged and therefore are playing in Classic mode.

Or they’re playing with a backed-up copy of a pre-Reforged Warcraft 3.

Or that, although you can tell the difference based on whether the aspect ratio is stretched or not.

I think the issue with the Reforged graphics is that units are less discernible, even if performance is acceptable (which some people claim it is not). This is the same reason many StarCraft II and HotS streamers used lower visual settings as it made units stand out more.

2 Likes

Divad Kim is now officially gone.

So yes, Blizzard [games] will improve greatly, without doubt.

Not if it’s 1.28 or above.

False. Blizzard will likely never improve until they’re out from under Activision’s yoke.

2 Likes

I don’t think they can IMPROVE the graphics… they can CHANGE it, but I don’t think they will.
The graphics is pretty good, and the streamers you’re watching most likely didn’t want new models, but just increased polygon count of the old models.
And some people would consider such change as a pure downgrade to the graphics Reforged already has.

With all due respect, Reforgeds visual problems run far deeper then being a similar case to Starcraft II and Hots which both are by large still good looking games, with traditional Blizzard art standards, and models that are independent of being heavily affected by ingame lightning which leads to better performance, higher fps, lower requirement, a more reasonable game size and short said life is easier for everyone.

I told time and time again that i would have heavily preferred for the models to be more functionally similar to how all the other Blizzard games models are done, for the case of Warcraft III and its custom community of content creators, it would have been the perfect position to take.

On the flip side, if Blizzard really wanted to go full power mode and abandoned all of those ideas in search of some mythic “broader” casual playerbase that marvel at the immediate increased fidelity of the models without looking deeper. then they didn’t even fully commit there. so yeah we’re just stuck with a rather pathetic excuse of an “HD” visual mode that never really served us, it harmed us more then it served us.

When you think about this case from the angle of a custom game player, you start to see that Blizzard themselves understood the fire they were playing with, why ? because instead of providing an easily adaptable format of models to be replicated and constantly reused without too much issue, they tried to bludgeon their way in by sheer force of numbers, which is how the game ended up having slightly more then twice as much models as the original game.

They knew that basic model editing was going to be made extremely harder because of their decision to produce these overcomplicated models.

And again, for Warcraft 3’s case, the majority of the people from melee to those who enjoy custom games use Classic Graphics because despite of the dated look after what… 17 years now, its ageless visuals and art manage to stand the test of time.

Where i personally scratch my itch for better looking visuals is using better quality classic models for my map. with higher resolution and artistic touches. i have spent quite a bit of time upscaling texture quality of the models i have and many others do the same. and suddenly it doesn’t look so old. turns out all it needed was a small bump while maintaining the ease of modification. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Blizzard didn’t develop the graphics. Literally the only thing that it should bring was outsourced. If this needs to be improved they will have to start over again. Lets focus on fixing pathfinding first. Get games with less than 250 ping, get a play profile. Get functional channels. Get custom game previews to work. Get (ingame) commands to work properly. Fix the report button. Reduce amount of clicks needed to go to replay option and back. Move campaign storage to online user profiles. Void the patent right on all world edit creations. Get observers to be shown in the load screen. Get a working match making system. Use empty space in many UI interfaces; reduce UI overlapping in crowded interfaces. Get the game to pull proper OS information. Transit the chrome menu to something proper. Link the old accounts or at least show what it did. Restore legacy entirely would even be better. Fix a host of bugs such as kodo unable to move after eating a trapper, ogre on fullborg mountain still drops +2 rings (even despite patch says it was fixed). Creeps with web will web non hostile air units anyway. Creep AI is unintentionally altered. The list goes on and on.

Don’t complain about how a car looks if you are missing the wheels, gear, steering wheel, dashboard and only have half of the engine. More urgent things at hand. Considering the ongoing dissatisfaction and the fact that the game has been released we can expect a hotfix any time soon. They probably added more people to the team to save their image.

HAHhHDAhahHAHAHa

2 Likes