Campaign Progress Reset

I launched WC3 Reforged today, looking to continue the Night Elf Frozen Throne campaign, mission 3 or 4. My entire progress had been reset, so I am back at Prologue and Human Reign of Chaos campaigns only. This is really disappointing.

2 Likes

same Problem here

1 Like

I found the cause of the issue was related to my OneDrive folder sync. An older version of C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents\Warcraft III\BattleNet\83764954\Campaigns had overwritten my current version, causing progress to be reset.
I suggest you tie the progress into the Battle.net server, rather than local files.

1 Like

OneDrive seems to be causing issues for a lot of people. The saves and progress files are stored in the Documents folder which is a common folder to back/restore.

The advice so far has been to disable OneDrive and see if the issue persists.

Hey there McViking,

Lets check the in-game “Options” menu to ensure the game is set to the same mode the campaign was started in. Progress is saved separately for Classic vs Reforged!

Let us know if this works for you.

I wrote a script combined with Windows Task Scheduler that copies the C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents\Warcraft III\BattleNet\83764954\Campaigns to another directory that is not part of the OneDrive sync every 24 hours. That should work for me in the interim.

Fortunately I had saved my save data to my external backup a few days ago, so I was able to restore my campaign progress and set up this backup scheme.

Hey xMcVikingx,

That’s definitely one way to do that, but you can also omit certain folders from onedrive syncing if you’d prefer to avoid using a script to do this.

This just happened to me today. I just completed the undead campaign Oh Hard…
Blizzard you are something else now… and that something else is NOT GOOD.
There should not be a ‘fix’ needed to something that already worked previous to your ‘re-master’. Not to mention most to all of the custom maps are broken.
And I’m Really disapointed that this has not been fixed NEARLY ONE YEAR LATER!
This game pretty much created you, And Others.

1 Like

Rats,

Did you see the OP’s follow ups? In this case it’s something that Microsoft’s OneDrive is causing, not Warcraft. If you have OneDrive active, follow the instructions to prevent that 3rd party app from corrupting the save files.

If you don’t have OneDrive running, you’ll want to start a new thread (or submit a tech support ticket) because your issue won’t be related to this thread’s topic.