Campaign progress lost

Hi there.

I bought WC3 reforged, and never played the classic one.
I had a problem where I was already in the undead campaign on mission 3 or 4.

Suddenly when I tried to enter the next mission, when the cutscene was playing, a sudden PC wide freeze would happen. I restart my computer 2 times on the actual hardware button and tried again.

On the 3rd attempt, I was stunned to see that ALL the campaign progress was lost…

Can Blizzard restore campaign progress to a player?
Surely the campaign progress is stored somewhere remotely…

7 Likes

Same thing happened to me!
Sent a ticket with regards to this under Issue ID: #71245534

==================================================================
Hey there Nicholas!

Game Master Vyhexus here, believer of valor, victory and vitality! Well met ٩(◕‿◕)۶

Thanks for getting back to us on this!

I entirely understand the frustration which you feel, as I’ve lost save game progress many a time before (with both Blizzard games and non-Blizzard games)…it feels like a ritual that all gamers have to go through at least a few times >_<

That said, with regards to your Warcraft III: Reforged situation here, I’m afraid Game Masters have incredibly limited tools or utilities to assist with this, which is why the previous Game Master has suggested you report this to the game development team over on the forums, as they will be the best-equipped to find a solution to this :slight_smile:

In terms of restarting, I know that initially it feels very troublesome to embark on a journey you were already halfway on, but trust me when I say once you begin, you’ll get into the groove of it in no time. After all, that’s why many of us play the same games over and over again (the amount of hours I’ve spent in Diablo II & III…)!

I know this isn’t the result you were looking for today, and trust me when I say that I wish there was more I could do to help you with the situation you face. It’s our commitment to provide an epic experience to our players, regardless of the outcome, and I hope you can understand that we’ll always strive towards that, no matter what!

Have a fantastic time with friends and family, full of fun, laughter and fond memories :slight_smile:

-V

==================================================================

This was the response by the GM!

Long story short;

• They can’t do anything about it
  • You have to replay from the very beginning!
  • All the achievement / portrait which you’ve unlocked is all gone!
  • There’s no guarantee that this won’t happen again in the future!

So basically;

• Don’t play till this issue is resolved -_-
  • This happened because it’s the dev’s fault but sorry, nothing can be done and no compensation nor solution will be given. Sucks to be you :), but you’re always welcome to re-play from the very beginning again (though no guarantee that your progress wont get wiped once again).
5 Likes

Sorry man, u need to replay in order to complete the gamer ritual, what can they do? :partying_face: :partying_face:

2 Likes

I really don’t understand how can they not save the players progress somewhere, it really shocks me :grimacing:

but if they can’t do nothing I guess I won’t do nothing more for blizzard also…

5 Likes

I was actually under the impression that since we need to login online, our save files will be stored somewhere in cloud or something. I was wrong -_-.

3 Likes

guys try to change the graphics setting (from classic to reforged)
for me it fixed it

5 Likes

Check out my post on the Warcraft 3 subreddit. I tried posting on these forums, but was banned. You can easily get your progress back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/comments/eygt4k/note_to_hackers_a_lesson_in_blizzard_incompetence/?

So my understand is that campaign progress is saved on your desktop and not in the cloud? So are your ladder statistics not saved on the cloud either???

1 Like

I have found a fix, unfortunately this will only work if you have a backup copy of your progress. I was the victim of this bug a few hours ago and was bummed when I did some looking into it and found blizzard didn’t have much of a solution because the save data is on our pc and not their cloud server. But this made me realize that because I use OneDrive I had a full system backup saved, after a bit of digging through the files on my cloud server I found it had copies of all my progress. I copied the files into the warcraft 3 folder and restored all my progress and save files! The files are located under Documents\Warcraft III\BattleNet{a random number}\Campaigns\Reforged

1 Like

I had this problem and tried this fix - unfortunately it didn’t work for me. Having used a combination of allyourbasearebelongtous and reloading some saves (to keep my hero levels and items), I’ve been able to restore my progress (pretty much). Looking at the reforged.w3p file, the completed campaigns don’t have 1023, but much larger numbers. Perhaps they changed the numbering to make it less easy to hack this? (Although why bother when you can just cheat through the missions anyway?)

Anyway, thanks for drawing my attention to the w3p file. I’ll be backing it up regularly from now on!

Thanks man, worked for me as well!

After all, I’m going to quit. Even simple things, Blizzard makes complicated.

1 Like

This just happened to me too. DC’d and lost progress on not just the mission I won but the previous mission as well (lol?)

1 Like

Fixed my issue thanks

I ‘liked’ many of the other comments on this post due to the sad answer that was given to the player from Blizzard. I got down to this post and it also worked for me.
This needs to be upvoted (liked) to help others. And the Blizzard GM that posted the ‘too bad’ needs to be trained that this is fixable.

Keep in mind that there’s two things going on in this thread, GRIMTIM.

First is the loss of campaign progress from a crash, disconnection, or some other event that interferes with the client’s operation. That’s a situation where the local files that track campaign progress get corrupted. Changing game modes isn’t going to help in this situation.

Second is the fact that campaign progress between Classic and Reforged modes is tracked separately. For example, if one plays exclusively Classic mode, then purchases Reforged. Upon switching to Reforged, it will seem like progress was lost. To get it back, the mode has to be switched back.

So the GM’s response isn’t a matter of training. If the files are lost from a corruption, they indeed can’t do anything.

Incase anyone is still having problems with this i found a solution. My save folder had created multiple and newer “Campaign.w3v” and “Reforged.w3p” files. I copied them to another safe folder and re named my older files which were now named “Reforged-DESKTOP-HEAS02A.w3p” to the original file name above.
Hope it works for anyone having problems.