Campaign files deleted

I just logged in and all of my campaign progress appears to be lost.
I checked the Save folder all saves are ther.
I can not load the saves, iam allready at the late orc campagne and ther musst be a method to fix this.
All i want from this game was to replay the campagne with better grafik.
pls fix this

3 Likes

After the lastest patch I cannot load any of my save games.
if I try this from the main menu it doesnā€™t do anything, no errors.
when I try to load a save while Ingame it gives me the following error: ā€œThe map file referenced by the saved game is different from the map file on your hard drive.ā€

Please fix this.

4 Likes

So i found a Tempory solution !
use the cheat code AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs to win the lvl and bring ur progress back to normmal
hope i can help some players =)

1 Like

Iā€™m having the exact same issue. Tried it both ways like you did and came up with the same error message. Iā€™d really not redo a whole chapter again after putting 30-40 minutes into it.

lol you guys are a joke with this game. i lost my saves too. what a train wreck you guys have become, sigh.

1 Like

Only got this game for the campaignā€¦almost finished the Nelf campaign last night and when i got on today all of my progress was gone. Tried changing the graphics, logging out and playing in offline mode, nothing. All i see is the prologue campaign and the Human one. Tried to load a save file which was a Nelf mission and it just kicks me out of the game everytime. Please resolve this I really would like to not start over again.

1 Like

@Kaldraydis, Iā€™m afraid this isnā€™t just about moving files. I was halfway through TFT when this forced upgrade hit, and now the game has been completely reset. The only sign of a save file now is in ~/Documents/Warcraft III/BattleNet/#######/Campaigns/Classic/Classic.w3p, and this file is pretty clearly a new campaign save.

DifficultyClears=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
HasProgress=0
TutorialCleared=0

Etc.

Iā€™ve searched through the Warcraft III installation folder, and it has been cleaned of anything save related. At least the update could have left the original data alone as a backup.

After the patch my campaign progress is gone.

after new patch everything is goneā€¦ fix itā€¦

whole progress in campaign is lost. Was on TFT scourge already

I been trying to save campaign on my MAC for a few months now going back to regular ole Warcraft 3. Now that reforged is out ( i didnā€™t buy it ) but I reinstalled regular WC3 again and still all my profiles donā€™t save and vanish when you try to load. Anyone know why

The below post has been edited for clarity regarding the nature of the fixed bug and whether or not to troubleshoot. Later replies in this thread may reference an earlier version of this post.

Hey folks,

We did a patch which should have fixed the campaign progress bug a bit ago, but in so doing some changes to maps were implemented as well which invalidated saves. This should be the last time this occurs unless another bug comes up. What this means is that if you have this happen after Feb 8, 2020, you probably should troubleshoot the issue using the steps below. Otherwise, it was just a bug that has since been fixed so there is no point in you attempting to troubleshoot it.

If you are still having problems with your campaign progress saving after all this, most likely you are having a permission error of some type. Please try uninstalling security programs, ensure that your operating system is completely up to date, and if all else fails, create a new administrator account. Most players who we see having this issue still are not having their saves file created correctly due to permission problems.

So you are basically saying for those who lost all campaign progress, we have to live with it and it MIGHT not happen again unless another issue comes up? Im not sure how many players would pre-emptively predict that saves would be affected by security programs, or operating systems being up to date, honestly not many other games get affected by this. Moreover, why is it that when I move devices I have to start the campaign ALL over again, unlike what you did with SC2? Ive been a die hard blizz fan for all my gaming lifeā€¦ Ive never seen anything like the mess that is Reforged

Hi, Iā€™m logging into reforged this morning and lost everything! more than 30 hours of gameplay!!! help???

yeah iā€™m refundingā€¦

So are you customer support guys going to address the campaign progress that you deleted with this patch, or just hope it goes away?

My thoughts exactly.

this answer is a joke! ā€œthis should be the last time this occurs unless another bug comes upā€ ??? seriously?

Sorry if I wasnā€™t clear with that reply. Iā€™m editing it to make it make more sense, but the intent is expectation setting. Basically, if players have save issues after the date of that post, it means they should troubleshoot the issue. If the saves becoming invalidated happened on or before that date, it means it was just the bug so thereā€™s no point in troubleshooting. Appreciate the feedback anyway.

Your game is justā€¦ WTF and if it wasnā€™t because i was so big of a fan of War 3 I would had ask for refund along time ago !!!

I lost ALL of my progress!! and try to scan and repair without luckā€¦

This game does not live up to blizzard expectation!! is more like some alfa/beta bug game that need to get fixed!!! and I support that you going to give out for free!?
Because that way you treat you customers are not in a professional way!!
you do it over and over and over again! by promising something and then cut content even in World Of Warcraft !

Just so you know !
Next time call it! Warcraft Refunded!.