Cast Requirements : Manacost 90 Cooldown 6 s

Targets Allowed : Ground, Enemy, Neutral, Organic
Area of Effect : 300 / 350 / 400
Damage : 60 / 115 / 160
Duration : 5 (3) s
Movement speed : -50%
Attack rate : -50%

Is there any point of warden??

MK has lower cd, lower manacost, no damage cap and also slow. Blizzard balance is a joke. And people hating elves for kotg. Of course elves will pick kotg because it’s only not sh*t hero in elves altar.

Remove damage cap, and lower cd, lower manacost or increase damage.

4 Likes

That’s not how comparison work

8 Likes

Fan of Knives is not too weak.
Thunderclap is incredibely overpowered. I have no idea how this spell wasn’t nerfed in last patch.

5 Likes

If I were to try and nerf Thunderclap, I would go for 50 less radius and 1 second less slow (Both ways, 4 secs on non-heroes and 2 for heroes)

Not really much else I’d do.

You are absolutely right about MK Thunder Clap, it is the most imbalance hero spell in the game and with recent patches that focuses mainly on human buffs, Thunder Clap has become insanely overpowered. Blizzard patch team makes the matter worse by making the slow effect of Thunder Clap undispellable. Together with Sorceress slow and invisible spell, MK can sneak into the middle of an army and wreak major havoc and with the fast cooldown, cast Thunder Clap repeatedly, obliterating all enemies units especially the range units. With the Thunder Clap slow effect undispellable, there is hardly any counter play with multiple healing scrolls as the only logical counter but in the end, you will still unable to keep up with the constant Thunder Clapping damage.

In team games where multiple MKs are common, it is extremely irritating and annoying to fight against. Pair MK up with Bloodmage Siphon Mana (another insanely ridiculous mana draining spell from lvl 2 onward which everyone had complained since dawn!) and Flamestrike or Archmage Blizzard spell, they can deal thousands worth of insane damage due to very fast cooldown. Oh, and to make everyone crazy and pull their hair out, Blizzard decide not to introduce damage cap for Thunder Clap, this decision is unfathomable and unfair and open up the game for MK abuse in many situations especially the matchup against Night Elf and Orc in solo games.

A lot of people had complained about this Thunder Clap spell throughout the ladders and surprisingly, Blizzard decide not to do anything to nerf it, not even increasing the cooldown by 1 second! An aoe spell that wreaks so much havoc with just 6 seconds of cooldown is extremely insane! There is a current trend in many solo competitive games where MK Thunder Clap singlehandedly changed the outcome of the game. If you watch Back2Warcraft on a regular basis, you will notice the commentators, Remo and Neo were constantly shocked by how this powerful spell alone changed the outcome of the game.

My suggestion:

Reduce Thunder Clap radius to 300 across all levels, slow duration to 4 (2) seconds, movement speed changed to 30% and attack rate changed to 30% across all levels and most importantly, introduce a damage cap to it at 400/700/1000 damage.

With all the recent buffs to Human in the past 3 patches, it makes Thunder Clap even more imbalance. Blizzard patch team, you need to look into this and nerf Thunder Clap ASAP as WGL and WCG playoffs are coming very soon! We do not want to see TH000 and Infi abusing this Thunder Clap spell again and again just because Blizzard decide not to do anything about it. This will piss people off very badly and hurt your branding Blizzard. Please heed the advices and suggestions given by so many people already including both pro competitive players and veterans.

4 Likes

Warden has blink.
MK needs to buy boots before he’s even relevant.
FOK main purpose is to hurt enemy economy.
Clap is a real damage spell.

The real problem with Warden is her squishyness. Which wasn’t a problem when he had shorter blink cooldown because she could blink in and out before taking massive damage. So the simplest change to make Warden good again is to revert blink changes.

2 Likes

Wait, when did Warden need a buff ?

she got dem AoE
she got dem nuke
she got dem blink
and she got dem powerful summon.

she protecc
she attacc
but most importantly, she makes your thread sound wacc.

that’s all there is to it folks.

5 Likes

Okay then justify using warden over a more viable hero.
This isn’t a jab or sarcasm, I want you to try and tell us why you would use the warden when everyone and their dog swears by kotg.

If you have an actual viable reason then let’s hear it, congratulations you’ve proven this thread wrong.

If all you’ve got is well, for the giggles or because she’s looks like a freaking badass (and she really does btw) then shaddup because frankly you’ve got nothing.

2 Likes

Warden is fine, MK thunder clap is absolutely busted. It singlehandedly prevents UD ever using Ghouls, deals with Bears+ MG’s quite well and is devastating against Orc.

4 Likes

MK seems overpowered, because he has to compensate for the other human heroes that have no cc or instant damage.
holy sh1t, you guys cry for everything.

1 Like

What is a damage cap?

2 Likes

My real concern against a night elf is the demon hunter dude, DH is almost imortal now, i’ve already destroyed a night elf army in a game and still got 2 heroes with half mana and 9 units alive with 2 being flying units on my hands. I sent everyone to attack the freaking DH and just watched him hold the fight alone while killing 4 units and almost killing my heroes manaburning them and made me retreat to avoid losing everything right there while he was rebuilding his army. I’ve Lost a won game for a single demon hunter. When i asked the guy playing against me how he did that he just told me: moonwells…

1 Like

Max damage the ability will do in a single use.

1 Like

My peasants urgently protest the idea to buff warden.

2 Likes

Warden really needs to be buffed, urgently!

Please, increase her attack speed and movement speed.
So far doesn’t even look that agility is her primary attribute… :turtle: :sleepy:

Firelord is the first hero that needs a rework.

Then probably Beastmaster (idk) but it seems like a full summon hero is crazy mana dependant.

At level 3 warden can blink in, kill all your peasants, pop magic immunity, and pop back out. You are comparing apples/oranges. As a human I see warden in 50% of my matches.

m8 r u nuts? Warden is off the charts right now and is one of top picks for NE lately.

clap was nerfed in the last patch…