Bring the reconnect feature back

Right now i’s impossible to reconnect like in older versions, the random disconnects and crashes are making this feature a priority. It affects every game mode so it would benefit everyone and improve the game’s overall quality!

Make it possible to reconnect to the game after a disconnect/crash, it’s possible in Heroes of the Storm & Starcraft 2 so why not Reforged too?

2 Likes

it was never possible to reconnect.

Yes there was. Stop spreading misinformation all over these forums. There used to be a 30 second countdown that would allow a player a chance to reconnect before being dropped completely from the game.

3 Likes

Except it was. If you lost connection, you would get a dialog window that said “Waiting for host…” with an option to disconnect. If you timed out or hit the Disconnect button, you couldn’t reconnect, but if your net came back in before doing either one of those, you were reconnected to the match.

I personally would prefer that the dev team goes a step further and implements an actual rejoin button, a button that can be clicked after completely dropping from a team game. Dota 2 has a rejoin button for example. Give players approximately 5 minutes to rejoin the game with it.

1 Like

it is not a reconnect feature. disconnected is disconnected. the game was just able to wait 30 seconds to see if a player responded but, if that player was disconnected, it did not work.

2 Likes

Andreasasp2 is correct here, there was no reconnecting, it was just a lag screen if a player stopped responding without disconnecting.

Except that screen would show up if your internet connection dropped (in other words, if you disconnected), and gave you time to reconnect

1 Like

Call it however you want, the fact of the matter is it’s impossible to rejoin/reconnect after a crash/disconnect like the other modern Blizzard games and it would be game changing if it was possible.

The game never had a reconnect feature. It did have what we called the “lag screen” which gave you the opportunity to “catch up” while other players waited.

This should be possible to bring back and the feature is documented internally.

1 Like

It was a reconnect feature. I genuinely think people are confusing a reconnect feature with a rejoin button. The game never had a rejoin button, but the lag screen was a reconnect feature that allowed someone to regain their internet connection and reconnec to the game

1 Like

reconnect or not they should still add a reconnect feature like bruh I’m gonna have to say this unironically: it’s the current year

1 Like