Bonjour Installation not Recognized by Warcraft3

I’ve been trying to play some LAN games with WC3 reforged and I cannot get Bonjour to install. The WC3 data files contain some SDK that used to install Bonjour, but now it does not install anything! It just says “product removed.”

I installed Bonjour 3.0.0.1 from Apple’s website manually, but Warcraft 3 does not recognize it for some reason.

Edit - 10/21/2021
To expand upon this problem, there seems to be an issue with Bonjour and Windows 10. I’ve tried starting Bonjour via the services app (search services in start menu), but Bonjour returns the error “Service will not start: error 1067”.

I only discovered this because I tried to install Bonjour via the iTunes installation after I realized that even a non-ruined/reforged version of Warcraft 3 will not work with this version of Bonjour. I will continue trying to fix this crap so I can play on w3champions and if I figure it out, I’ll post the results here and then send threatening messages to acti-blizz employees.

Edit 10/23/21 - I’ve fixed my issue by disabling ipv6 in my wifi network settings. This issue was with Bonjour, apparently, and as soon as I disabled ipv6 I was able to install Bonjour through Warcraft 3.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.