BlzTriggerRegisterPlayerKeyEvent and TriggerRegisterPlayerMouseEventBJ

Hi, I’ve a problem that I can’t really address while testing the 1.31 on Warcraft 3 PTR , while using Lua (I think vJASS wouldn’t make any difference). Basically this code:

Code1

As well as this (which are pratically the same, but just to check every possibility):

Code2

(I call the function inside a GUI trigger at Map initialization one per map run)
Work fine unless I press W and click the left mouse at roughly the same time, (enough to be noticabile) in which case it ignores the BlzzTriggerRegisterPlayerKeyEvent and only outputs “click” in both codes. I don’t know if it supposed to be like that becouse of the difference in input lag between mouse and keyboard or what. Even if that was the case, wouldn’t that mean only that ‘‘w’’ wuold be displayed slighlty after ‘‘click’’?
So my question is: is there a workaround for that? Is that a bug that could be fixed or will be 100% like this even in live 1.31?
Any thoughts?
Thanks for your time.

1 Like

I’ve had this same problem. Ran into it trying to create a proof of concept top down shooter. Left click blocks keyboard input detection… I really hope this issue gets fixed, also we need full keyboard detection…

Also, it doesn’t seem to matter if you add a condition where the mouse button trigger only responds to right click… Even disabling the trigger entirely does not prevent this issue…

I suspect there’s something native to the engine where the left click is linked to unit selection which somehow blocks other inputs?

Blizzard needs to look into this…

Hi ! The solution is
on click use

if(GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer()) then
  EnableUserControl(true)
end

also you can import my lua inputMovement for movement purposes