BlizzardBrowser reason for lags and spikes

Playing as always with lags and spikes, I just tried to eradicate BlizzardBrowser processes.
While game didn’t lag anymore, I could only hear the sounds, but this marvelous piece of “software” just covered the game giving me a black screen just with the first menu in the corners.
No way to remove it.
This shame should just be classified as MALWARE. It has all the characteristics to be one.
3 process (or 5 sometimes) just resuming over and over, occupying around 500mb of ram and 20% of processor, on a game that could run on 64mb with a pentium3 600mhz and 8mb graphic card (Tested it, worked pretty fine).
You are clearly not able to implement a simple interface anymore…
Get rid of it and just add a couple of scrolling images in blitting…
They will surely work better than this.

1 Like

There is no other Blizzard game that opens 3 BlizzardBrowsers when launching it.

Simply tells me this is just cheap poor quality work portrayed as something acceptable.

4 Likes

It goes up to 5 processes while you are in game.
Now, if you start the game (I mean the match) and take the time to go back to the task manager and lower the priority of the nasty processes, the situation seems to be better. I was testing it but after a while we were all disconnected and honestly didn’t bother at this point to try again…
Oh, don’t forget to turn off the battle.net client too.
Funny thing is, why is Starcraft 2 working like a charm, while this doesn’t work at all?
Oh wait, right, Starcraft 2 is a Blizzard game…