Blizzard, make Forum read-only for those who do not own W3!

Is there a way to have access to the old WC3 version without having to download the client from external websites? If yes, please share it instead of telling others that they are the problem :slight_smile:

When did I said or talked about your … issue?! What this has to do with what I said?

I wasn’t replying to you, but to the genius who told me that what I wrote about the old WC3 version was a lie.
Read before you write.

Actually WinterDryad has a point. If you defend something people think isn’t worth defending they’re going to get even more riled up as a result.

It’s not entirely fair but it is an accurate observation

Right …

So you are the …“lesser” evil in this … story and me and others like me are THE bigger evil at the end of the day, right?

At what school have you learned the “Accurate Observation” course ?

I dunno, the one which taught logic and rationality I guess.

That said I did not say that you’re the bigger evil, I was pointing out that WinterDryad’s comment does have a kind of logic behind it.

If you feel like the game and Blizzard are worth defending I’m not stopping you but what you say and do will have consequences, some of which you might not like.

2 Likes

so you can live in your bubble that everything is shiny and fine?

1 Like

So based on your “logic and rationality” , I must join the “revolution” and if I don’t do it, I risk making the “revolution” even bigger.

Got it!

Never have I said that everything is shiny and it’s fine. Stop acting like everyone who does not agree with you, are the same. I find that some people do indeed have valid points towards W3 Reforged while others are just “jumpers” on the hate train.

Not necessarily. There’s several paths you could take which would have different results. It’s just that as it is you’re effectively choosing the path of most resistance, actively fighting the negative opinions. That such a thing could actually increase the negativity is hardly surprising, even if it’s not fair.

I don’t know where you live or what kind of …school you have graduated, but this attitude of yours is very damaging.

First thing first , freedom of “whatever” one believes in. Don’t forget that!

Secondly, this is like the old, dirty days of the 20 century where one couldn’t have a different opinion if the “hordes” where the …majority, because you would risk too much.

Thirdly , I am free to choose whatever path I wish. If you or somebody else do not agree with me, you are free to ignore my posts and move on. Even if you were 100 and I alone in this “fight”, I would still stand to my points.

At no point have I told you that you can’t do something or not hold certain beliefs. I’ve merely been informing you that you shouldn’t act surprised if the actions you take don’t have the results you were hoping for.

You appear to be reading more into my words than what is actually written.

Nice “back down” here, but I don’t bite it.

You didn’t informed me that I shouldn’t be surprised ( which I’m not lol ) , if my actions ( actions?! ), don’t have the results I was hoping for.

This is literally what you’ve said!

Uh… well here’s the issue Telenil. A lot of us played WC3 and see, there wasn’t much needing of a fix. All they had to do was update the graphics and keep the features that were in the classic game, such as your profile, wins and losses, a ladder system, etc. They didn’t have to fix anything. They just uh… needed to actually put it into the reforged edition. Does that make sense?

Also, I own the game. I have never launched it. I don’t have it installed. I didn’t ask for a refund. I have no interest in playing it without some level of “competition,” and I’m not about to go pen-and-paper with my win-loss and draw my own portraits when I reach 1500 wins with NE. A game that is so far off from what the classic version was is extremely disappointing coming from a company that has fueled my gaming life with happiness for over 20 years, and Blizzard needs to hear from us about it, as I’m certain there are plenty more like me. These are not the standards I am accustomed to from this company.

Backing down would require me to have held a more severe position beforehand. Given that that’s not the case that’s an inaccurate observation.

WinterDryad pointed out that directly opposing the negativty could serve to fuel the flames, and you then reacted as if you did not agree with that idea. However the idea does hold water if you look at it from an objective perspective, so I pointed out that WinterDryad’s point wasn’t entirely off the mark.

At no point have I said that you shouldn’t take certain actions. If you believe that you’ve been misinterpreting my words.

This IS a valid concern which they need to update the game with the features you’ve said, kinda fast. But from here, to the “amazing” big hate train which people who do not even own the game are periodically posting negativity and lies ( yes, someone with a 1440p monitor and many others, have said that there is no 4k support in Reforged and everyone started to “freak out” ), is a very long way.

There are things which needs to get fixed and/or added. This I agree with, but I am pretty happy with the current game, because the game play is the same, which is the most important thing, they kept the promise that we can play older UMS and stuff like this.

But you know what? After they will add the above, people will still “find a way” to keep on hating, same as with HK “extravaganza”. So yea, I keep my main point here. Make the forums read-only, ala WoW.

It’s to the point where my task bar had Diablo II, Starcraft Remastered, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm, Warcraft III, World of Warcraft, and Diablo III on it, and now it’s quite empty. They showed their true colors with this “remaster.” They are no longer the same company I and many others have looked up to for many years. All of the people who made up that company are gone, and it really shows. A lot of people will come back and stay and wait it out, only to be further disappointed down the line when they too realize that this passionate company is no longer the same company it was years ago… I guess I am just here to grief for a day or two (:

Wolfy please don’t fall for trolls… leave it, it’s a waste of time.
As he said, just move on… on his posts^^

1 Like

Didn’t buy WC3:refunded (thank god).
But lost my old WC3 + TFT game folders, lost Bnet account + friend list + ranked ladder stats, lost all the custom maps and custom campaigns and saved files, hopefully there is a backup there somewhere.

So no, this “rework” was **** and I hope Blizz is getting into some serious ($$$) troubles till the top dogs realize what a pile of dump**** they made the once legendary gaming company into.

1 Like

nice. you know have learned how democracy works.

Seriously? No the game play is not the same. For example: It seems they have removed an AI and replaced it with a “Random number generator” and a Path finding mechanism replaced with a Path guessing mechanism… and there are many other things. Open your eyes dude. Go and compare the games yourself.