Blizzard is planning new "remasters"

___https://www.gamesradar.com/activision-blizzard-has-several-more-remakes-and-remasters-planned-for-2020/ ___
"“In addition, our business units will continue to tap into our portfolio of beloved IP”

dear god…just stop it…please…

42 Likes

Can’t stop beating the horse till it’s dead.

5 Likes

A diablo 2 remaster would be amazing

13 Likes

Relax… They did great with the StarCraft remaster and pooly with the Warcraft 3 remaster. Blizzard always learns from their mistakes, so there’s still hope for those other remasters.

7 Likes

SCR had also its problems on release… but maybe less numerous.

3 Likes

Diablo 2 remaster would be great indeed. It’s only a 2d engine, so probably less effort/money involed to get good models. Also there is no competitive play, so technical limitations (e.g. frame limit, UI) could be updated, too.

2 Likes

At least if they redid warcraft 1 and 2 they would have to be drastically different to even entertain new models.

That would be fun. Maybe they could do with those what they said they were going to do with WC3 since the story for WC2 at least came from the loading screen and a handful of vague cut scenes.

Warcraft I and II can be played via GOG along with Diablo 1

Are they going to remake this remaster??? cause it needs help bad.

32 Likes

I still like to see remasters and while expectations are low I think it is reasonable to think it possible that they learned a lesson or two from this one. Either aim lower with promises and let that reflect in the price of the game or invest more into the projects.

Sure, separate purchase though.

Warcraft III Reforged - Remastered: Base edition $49.99 and deluxe edition for $69.99 that comes with guaranteed reloadable saves, a working UI, and a 15% reduction in game crashing.

4 Likes

You also forgot to mention that each campaign comes in the form of microtransaction (about 10$ each) but first one is for free cause blizz is generous.

2 Likes

blizzard just want to grab peoples money with fandom, where is their creativity at?

4 Likes

“Investors and Analysts”

LOL, whatever that means.

1 Like

I don’t trust Blizzard to remaster Diablo 2. I wish they outsource it to the guys who remade AoE2:DE.

Hell, even Sega did right by Sonic Mania by hiring passionate fans to handle a ‘remake’ instead of doing it internally.

1 Like

its almost 100% certain to be D2… they confirmed back in 2016 they had no desire or intentions of ever remastering WC1 because its just not worth it… and WC2 is already perfect as is

plus D2 is full of cheater/bots that sell in-game items for real cash, and blizzard has been trying to stop them for years!

1 Like

I’m sure they will find a way to reforge the loading screen lore and ruin it.

4 Likes

will buy them all, this is great.

1 Like

I think these will be DLC campaigns for Reforged. The story would be based on games and novels and there would be new units for these campaigns only. Imagine what kit would Gul’dan have in Warcraft 3 hero system.

Yeah you might think they should hold off on more remasters after the reception this game got, but back when they were first hiring people for the classic games team their job recruitment message specifically mentioned restoring 3 games to glory: Starcraft, Warcraft 3 and yes, Diablo 2. Add that more current conference call, and it’s all but confirmed.

There is PvP though which is competitive by definition. But yeah it’s a 2d engine like Starcraft and they should go the Starcraft route of a more faithful remaster anyway.