Blizzard failed us

Blizzard… how could you take a 20 year old game that was amazing even by todays standards and manage to make it WORSE with a remastered version. The game is effectively dead now and its your fault… the connection for “ladder” is trash, game crashes constantly and the custom games lobby is a shell of what it used to be. You should’ve saved the time and effort and not even touched this masterpiece of a game. It’s honestly sad that the fans of the franchise that make custom maps could’ve done a more respectable job on this remaster than a million (billion?) dollar company. sad.

20 Likes

Blizzard presented screenshots of player stats and ladder screens 19 August 2020.

@Blizzard Can you please provide us with approximate estimation when this update will be delivered?

12 Likes

Don’t get your hope us too soon, mate. Blizzard is dead, long live Activision.
Any game which cannot be MTX-infested and milked is not of interest to them.
Diablo IV skins? Yes, Sir, we’ll milk it to hell and back.
Any shooter skins/weapons/tags/XP? Yup, we’ re in.
WoW is a huge cow to milk at, but I’ve never paid nor will ever pay for any MMO.
Starcraft - DEAD, can’t monetize it enough. Six million copies weren’t enough for Activision.
Warcraft I, II, III? Meh, can’t monetize enough, those pesky RTS-playing gamers still demand quality, game balance, decent story and won’t pay for skins as much as the new Bli$$ard wants.
So, my friend: CoD, Hearthstone, Over-crap-watch, and of course MOBILE games are where they’re focused at. Diablo IV is a sure bet for them if Diablo II Resurrected is a success.
I’m not buying ANYTHING from Blizzard, for all I care they can go bankrupt tomorrow, it will be a cold day in Hell before I give the Starcraft II killers any money. Diablo Mobile or any mobile game is less important for me than the algae living under the ocean.
I pray to all the deities in the Universe that the Chinese ban in-game microtransactions.
The only company I pre-ordered for the past two years is CDPR, and it won’t happen again. I’ll trust Blizzard when they change back the EULA for Warcraft III: Reforged and when their games won’t have any skins/microtransactions etc.
So basically, I’m just here to lower your hopes (sorry about that) but Blizzard is long, long gone… :frowning:

5 Likes

to be fair tho, blizz dropped the ball on overwatch quite hard aswell. very little to no new content, very strange balancing, alot of what they did failed (like role queue being a lackluster system, reintroducing classic queue afterwards or reworking some champs against the will of players), esport terminated. now they push for consoles, crossplay and skin sales to milk it.

this has been going on since sc2, and it got worse ever since.

4 Likes

Ill be brutally honest here, what haven’t they been dropping the balls on lately?

3 Likes

I propose to write mass petition/request to xbox to revive our best RTS. They did a great job with Age of Empires, i really believe they will hear us.

Microsoft will hear the community if thousand raise theyre voice and if they thing an small studio can re-estable themself with wc3 and maintain themself with the profits and bepriftable for Microsfot within itself.

Well I made a petition, but I can’t publish links on here damn

The players allowed this to happen by giving blizz that sweet, sweet pre-order money.

1 Like

…and then the bitter bitter refund?^^

1 Like

What’s worst of reforged is 1 no custom campaigns 2 no Aliens vs predator custom maps and maybe clans and ladders as i never got to try them much.

They killed 2 games with 1 stone, all they had to do was leave the original alone…

1 Like

I guess its safe to say this game is still hot garbage then? I really love Warcraft III but sounds like I am better off just playing with the original cd’s?

That would indeed be correct.