Black Screen

With the latest patch that was supposed to optimise the game and make everything much smoother, Blizzard were able to bring down the black screen of death on me.

Now when I enter the game all I see is the cursor and hear the audio of the game, but don’t see anything else but a black screen.

I’ve tried all the Directx commands to start up the game with, I tried the windowed fullscreen command, I tried changing some stuff from the TXT file of the game, I tried running in compatibility mode, I tried running as an admin, tried setting the EXE file of the game to run with my high performance video card and not the integrated one and I tried to make sure that my firewall wasn’t blocking the game.

And still… I have the black screen on death.

Is there anything I can possibly do to help this or did Blizzard just basically ruin the whole game for me?

I’m pretty sure this won’t fix in 10 days for the release which means I’m not playing any W3.

1 Like

I have Nvidia and not AMD, but I did the same thing. I made the battle.net app run with my High performance card and it actually worked.

Wasn’t sure if it would do anything, as it seemed like I tried almost everything, but it did the trick!

Thanks a lot for the help!

Hi there,
I tried the same thing most people says it helped - graphics settings for High performance NVIDIA for Blizzard Browser, Blizzard Battle net App, Warcraft III Beta, but it did not helped. Then I set also global settings for the High performance and it still not working.
I updated all drivers, windows and trying to launch as Admin, or with commands -graphicsapi Direct3D9, -graphicsapi OpenGL, -graphicsapi Direct3D11

At last i reinstalled the whole game, but nothing really helped.

Do you have anything else for me to try? I am desperate. Thank youu