Black screen in full screen mood

Hi,
I was playing welll on my laptop yesterday , just with few 50 fps on the menu but its ok. Then, few hours later, after “a download from battlenet launcher” idk if was a repair or a update, the game is so normal on the menu (120 fps, thats correct) but the game’s start is so slow with a black screen for 2 o 3 minutes. When i put the windows screen mood it is ok but sometimes the game is just in black screen and i cant do nothing! no change de program, I cant close it. I dont what i do bad :frowning:

Pls help me, i just want to play

Hey, L10N! There was an issue with the black screen problem on full screen earlier during the release. This should have been fixed by our team. Windowed mode is the official workaround for the issue. There are a few workarounds or steps that might help with the issue.

• If on WIndows 10, try desyncing the OneDrive from the Documents folder.

• Troubleshoot security applications.

• If the laptop has a Nvidia video card, open the Nvidia Control Panel by right click on the desktop background. Go to Manage 3D Settings > Global settings, and set the Default Graphics Processor to High Performance Nvidia Processor, then click Apply.

• Sometimes, the Intro cinematics can cause issues with the game from loading properly. This should only happen on the very first launch unless there’s a problem with the settings saving. The following should help skip the introduction:

1. Go to the Documents folder, then Warcraft III folder.

2. Edit the War3Preferences(.txt) file using Notepad (Right click > Open With).

3. Under [Misc], change or add the following value from 0 to 1:

seenintromovie=0

If it’s already set to 1, this step is not relevant to the issue.

4. Save the file and relaunch the game.

If the settings seem to have issues saving, these steps can also help. For Windows 10 systems, it’s worth checking that the Controlled Access Folder setting is disabled as well.

Hopefully, some of these suggestions will help! If you still have issues and since you mentioned that the program has issues closing, let’s check out a DxDiag file to look into this further. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)