Battle.net 1.30.4 win rates by race

warcraft3.info/articles/278/battlenet-statistics-1304-winrates

Interesting stuff. I kinda figured hu vs elf would be the closest matchup, since both sides feel the other is imbalanced.

The most suprising one is the Orc vs UD stats though…I honestly though Orcs was beating UD in record breaking numbers…but that’s not the case at all…even in pro tourneys…

I always knew UD was > Human, but I didn’t realize by that big a margin…Now we know the real reason for the knight buff.

Nope, this statistic is relevant only as a mediocre level relationships on bnet, if you want to see a statistics of tournaments with professional players that don’t fck around you need to watch at duro’s report from liquipedia with NE overwhelming all other races and with ORCs having 54% upperhand over UD…
I personally don’t know who’ll judge the game upon this nonsense, no one in healthy mind will balance big tennis rules around amateur leagues

3 Likes

that’s where you’re wrong.

human are beating elf in tournaments at the highest level. undead are over represented along with hu in WCG qualifiers (I think elf and orc have 6 players? total?).

so near you’re wrong about that.

also the majority of the games are played on ladder battle.net

the balance team makes decisions on statistics like this. along with professional tournaments.

human is a ridiculously strong race. professional tournaments are proving it over and over.

implying these stats don’t mean anything when they represent more than just the top 1% is pretty absurd. everyone deserves a balanced game. more than likely you are an average player with 40-50% win rate and you are not playing top 20 ladder on solo on your server i’m sure. I play top ladder, and I think this is a pretty solid representation…except I happen to do poorly against orc (it’s my worst mu), and better vs human and my mirror.

1 Like

You’re picking different situations without any context behind it, everyone is laughing upon wcg due to its absurd rules and how badly managed wcg overall (luci-lawliet story, foggy didn’t make it out of the group while ser did). WCG currently is extremely bad, that’s why everyone meming around Razzorman being a next wcg champion, all this due to extremely bad management, this tourney basically didn’t show anything in terms of balance or race presentation.
And overrepresentation of UDs in EU that are incapable of beating anyone from chinese top ladder is only proving this. Duro’s statistics is consisted of more that 2000 games total that were played ON TOURNAMENTS THROUGHOUT ALL 1.30.4. Reject this is like trying to prove that we’re not breathing air. Happy wasn’t able to take more than one map from Korean NE that’s not even in TOP 5 (happy raped all the best EU undeads countlessly sometimes even with different races like against ente as HU or against nend as HU\NE, it’s just another level), while this garbage stats are showing that we’re having UDs that’re stronger than NE which is basically nonsense (the weakest race so far). Bnet ladder isn’t a balance representation bnet ladder is a bunch of trolls\lamers\cheesers UD towerrushers together with people who just simply doesn’t know basic timing or buildorders (you can check how frequently people ask about different buildorders, it’s ridiculous)
And to sum everything up I don’t need to play top 20 ladder to judge what these stats represent, If I fcked up in a game I need to know that it’s due to me not being perfect other than overall that’s ok coz my race generally sucks so hard in this specific MU and having around half of the bnet mappool vetoed while NE just don’t have bad MU, like at all together with the fact that they don’t have bad maps also.
Funny fact for you besides all the winning of the grand majors in this year all finals had NE, no matter what final it was, hope you won’t discuss with me the fact of NE being SUDDENLY overrepresented on all majors overall. Also worth to mention that all those strong humans played before finals as NE and after that they switched to HU, coz you know whatever you play in the end, in the finals you’ll face NE, just how strongly unbalanced this race currently.

I highly doubt this coz for example, UD is the strongest race taking into account these statistics (tbh never thought that would say “UD” and “the strongest race” in the one sentence) but they buffed it in 1.31. As long as I know they consider those statistics but they definitely don’t look at it as at transparent balance truth, coz bnet ladder is like kids playing in the sand.

2 Likes

The statics that are shown in this website really have nothing to do with reality, Undead especially 1.30.4 Undead is by far the worst race and Night Elves are way too imbalanced that you do not even need to have a strategy to win as them, also the article is not showing the races against themselves if you were to add most wins the leader would be directly Night Elf because people do not even bother to play with another race at the moment mostly

1 Like

Well, considering by definition most people who intend to play are average/mediocre, then yes, I think the numbers at this level matter too.

No one develops football rules around kids playing on the street. If you lose a game as a mediocre player it means you didn’t play perfectly, you still have potential to grow up and it depends only upon you, how much time you spend on game and how you do this. But when top-notch player loses it has nothing to do with mechanics or something (for the most part) he has no potential to grow they’re already on the Olympus of this game so either he lost due to different in-game situations or because MU is so heavily unbalanced that he was from the beginning in the unfavorable position and exactly here we should balance game at this exact level of playing.

1.) Balancing mainly for average player vs average player matches would ruin this game.

2.) If players are more skilled, balance has more influence on the outcome of the match. For example, if our mothers would play against each other, balance had almost no effect on the outcome. The game would look even more balanced. XD Noobs and average players do a lot of stupid mistakes or simply don’t know how to exploit imbalances well!

3.) The matchmaking makes it look more balance than it actually is.

people underestimate that at the highest level, it’s almost always about the player, not so much the race.

do players like moon, th00, focus, whine balance after losing or winning a tournament? no. that pretty much only happens on this forum and on TOD’s Stream lol.

they’re not though. if you can point out one major tourmanent that has night elf over represented please let me know. I am a participant in cups, and have participated in tourmanets before, and NE has never really been “over represented” the way human or undead has been. this has been the case for years…but if you wanna prove me wrong go ahead and post them. i’ll wait :slight_smile:

blizz has said they look at battle.net statistics to balance the game. warcraft 3, starcraft, starcraft 2, they look at all the data. not just 1% of the data for the highest level tournaments lol…

It doesn’t strike me as an appropriate analogy. Football attracts viewer who watch players (pros), games attract gamers who play the game. Saying that the game should be centered around the top 0.001 percent of people who play would not only be a terrible business model, but it doesn’t aim to satisfy the vast majority of players who actually play to enjoy the game.

The balance would have an outcome at all levels of gameplay, assuming that the skill levels are equivalent. This would hold for your hypothetical about moms playing each other as well. What I think you’re missing is the fact that the KIND of balance impacts varying skill levels differently. Therefore the balances would need to be different to accommodate the varying matchups at different skill levels.

Here you are:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/btuaan/1304_tournament_stats_3300_game_sample_size

Stop making claims without backing it up with actual data. You can’t just make up sh1t and ask everyone else to prove you wrong. That’s not how this works. Those Bnet stats are worthless trash and anyone who says otherwise is either lying or stupid.

Nightelf is overrepresented in tournaments and wrecks orc in 1.30.4.