Ban request for racism

@blizzard wc3 classic

We are a community of Vamp Zero Players (tag game on wc3).

since 2 weeks 1 guy is joining our lobbies with dozens of different accounts and is trolling my community. (saying things about extermination, jews, hitler etc…)

We seriously are tired of this guy, he is giving us a really bad experience of wc3 atm and we really would be thankfull if some actions could be done against him.

I’m a map maker, i improved the map “Vamp Zero Reloaded”, provide new versions for my community and play the map with them. But lately it’s impossible to enjoy a game, without that troll…we already told him to stop, baned him, tried to make a banlist on discord but he uses VPN and joins with another ip everytime.

We request a MAC ID ban , and i have a lot of people from my discord server who can tell the same story as me.

So please do something…

We have his initial nickname if required and some fake account names aswell, ask and we will give em.

13 Likes

Yes this is true. We have very big problems with this guy. And he is ruining so many game for no reason. There is no place for people like him in the Wc3 community. I had the guy join a completly different game i played with a friend from the community and telling me how i look i real life and there should be no way he knows this. This guys has also doxed other Admins or staff in the community.

8 Likes

So I should point out before the admins do. If you’re going to request someone to be banned, you need to actually put that someone in your request. It’s highly unlikely they track that kind of data as it would be huge and largely useless. If you have a list of known aliases that can be confirmed to not be spoof accounts please attach them.

3 Likes

100% Support, this has been going on for way to long and it completely ruins the game. We have replays, we have names they have gone buy (There are actually 2+ maybe 3 of them) and something needs to be done.

They dox, they harrass and threat yet nothing is done thus far. We ban usernames left and right it doesn’t matter they keep coming back. Please for the love of god Blizzard take action they are ruining a community of 100+ active players aswell as the experience for the casual players.

Honestly the fact that it has gone on this long without action is a joke seeing as this has been posted before. As a massive fan and long time player of this game it saddens me and has caused me to lose close to all faith in Blizzard.

Edit: They tend to fakenick our players, either replacing letters such as L with i or using exact usernames from different servers.

@Blizzard: If you’d like a replay of Dox, racism, harrassment etc contact and they will be sent.

9 Likes

Hi its me REALIX. I dont MH but someone made an identical name of mine and is trying to get me banned by the VZR community as well. The player goes by the name of Gas which I learned from the VZR community. I have spent days trying to clear my name but it is a losing battle for me. I dont know how to provide proof that it isnt me besides the fact that someone from US-East can add me on their friends list. Help VZR and their fanbase please.

5 Likes

Just keep banning him if you don’t like it. Its not that hard…
Crying on this forum for him to get banned wont work snowflakes.

1 Like

I agree with all that have beed said previously. This guy is totally ruining our game experience. Picking our players names when they are not connected, like he did with mine this night. We can’t just play without him coming and troll. We can’t know when a player join our games if it gonna be the troll or not, except if the player that join is in vocal with us on discord so that’s boring…

4 Likes

Because constant harassment and doxing etc is ok right? Guess we should “just keep banning” names.

3 Likes

racism is tolerated on wc3 now? Stop replying, not that hard for you i guess…

2 Likes

I feel like I need to say something to all of you, but doing it here because if anyone speaks up in discord you ban them instantly.

You people run this community like a bunch of tyrants. You ridicule and insult anyone who dare question anything, even if it is constructive criticism or just a dumb question from a new player. You kick people out for the stupidest and most unclear reasons, and I know I’m not alone when I say a bunch of us are fed up with the poor admins and management in VZR (Aitz, Jols, Alhanard, Kimens, Yellow Super, TocziLLaNs come to mind).

You bully almost everyone and abuse the power you hold over them. Your lobbies suck the life out of the game and force anyone who wants to play to join your discord server and in turn become a target for abuse. You set up “rules” we all have to follow, but when Jols kicks people out for feeding one or two lumber bases, no one bats an eye. Or when you ban people for simply winning, or change the game on a whim because you lost a game to someone who played better than you. You give new players no chance to enjoy the game and you people are a nightmare to interact with. I don’t want to have to sit in voice chat and get berated by you, just so I can play Vampirism with some of my friends.

A lot of the people in VZR are super cool, and I want to keep hanging out with them! But the way you behave and the paranoia you exert with this whole Gas deal is tearing the community apart. He is an @ss for griefing all our games, but what you are doing by witch-hunting random members is making the whole thing worse and I’m ready to bet money on the fact that Gas gains more followers and copy-cats because you guys handle this in the most immature way possible.

I’m leaving VZR in a couple of days, because if I were to do it right now you’d find out who I was and harassed my pals or me because of it. I hope this left you with something to think about Aitz. And I also hope any VZR members who feel like I do realise they’re not alone and that we don’t have to put up with this crap.

Peace.

2 Likes

I would suggest ignoring the problematic person. They sound like they are seeking attention so the less interaction they have, the sooner they will give up and move somewhere else. If you start to escalate you ultimately feed them the attention they crave and hence encourage them to keep it up longer.

Unfortunately such people are all too common. I know many SC2 and WC3 map developers who have run into them at some stage or another. What all cases had in common was eventually the trolls gave up.

I would strongly suggest removing account names from your post. Generally naming and shaming violates Blizzard forum ToU, and is not nice as it can be abused by trolls to accuse innocents of crimes they did not commit. If you feel the person has done something wrong, which it sounds like they have, then I think the official channel is to report them privately to support or somewhere which deals moderating BattleNet.

Hopefully with Reforged we will get BattleNet 2.0 integration with the standard report player feature that is common in all Blizzard games. In such case report them for inappropriate language.

2 Likes

I don’t think we are tyrants, but you are not forced to stay in the community !
This has nothing to do with management, it’s personnal attacks against warcraft 3 players.
Also for your information, you can simply create your own lobbies and people won’t come and “bully” you , like you said. Except if you are the troll itself ofc…

We kick new players from lobbies since 1 week not much (cause we think they are the trolls and we don’t want to take risks), if you feed in game we will warn you explain you how to prevent that, and if you are not capable to understand most basic things, we simply kick you out from game to being able to reach 45 min of game without 100000 gold feed for the vampires and enjoy our.

I kicked out the server almost 20 fake accounts or more and also the players who i never saw in game. I mean it’s my discord server, if you are not happy…create yours and manage it how you want !

When i host my map i want to play with people who know the game, sometimes i teach even. But since 1 week or so i stoped being cool, cause of these trolls, and started to become like parano on discord and stop trusting to anyone.

We need him out of this community, game, he is toxic, racist, can’t even stop when we ask gently.

We just did a ban request and have nothing to say about discord…it’s about warcraft 3 !

I know i’m not the best leader of the world but trolling and harrassing my members is not acceptable.

1 Like

I mean, i didn’t get kicked randomly, even tho i fed multiple times early - Talked with the Vamp - He didn’t even kill my Builder and went for my base only xD
But these things didn’t happen on purpose (happens sometimes and you really tilt on your own as well lol), so i am fine and everyone in the community (for now) has been friendly to me and i can’t blame anyone <3

To Come Back To the Topic : Please do something against that guy, that is totally ruining our games. It gets really annoying.

Do you have any link for me?

I will remove the names and if blizzard asks me i will give names.

Usin VPN, being racist, doxing people, harrasing map maker cause it’s not his map and he can’t do codes. (i’ve got the approval of the initial modder to improve the map), and i already told that too, but he has something personal, not due to game but personal attacks.

I am not sure there is an infrastructure to report players for this kind of thing in Warcraft III anymore. There will be one in Reforged like in StarCraft remastered but currently Warcraft III is kind of in a state of flux. In Reforged one should be able to right click their user name in game and report them similar to all other modern Blizzard games.

Until then the best one might be able to do is forward it to support somehow. Possibly with a ticket?

Even if action is taken the person might grab another discount key and be back the next day. This is a common problem with StarCraft II arcade maps since they can create new accounts for free.

Until then the strongest defence might be a social one. Ban/kick the person from lobbies once he is identified. Build in game kick commands and give them to trusted members of your community so they can kick the person in game once identified. For more serious matches with regular players promote arranging them on services like discord and such so the games can be kept more private and hence not accessible to problematic players. If the person has certain phrases they say a lot, or actions they do you could even help build in mechanics to identify them and allow them to be easily kicked from within game.

Ultimately the only way to stop such a person is to get them to leave. Even banning might not work as nothing stop them buying new licences and making new accounts. The problem is finding out what is driving their need to troll, so one can stop feeding it.

1 Like

the problem is if i give a kick command bound to a specific name, the trolls can simply create same name on another realm and join + run cmds in games, i already added kick commands only to red but he, of course abuses it to win or ruin games …
If accounts weren’t deleted after 2 month of inactivity in any realm we could ofc do something against it and create same name accs in all the realms and create an “admin kickcmd” on the map ,but sadly we can’t…

I really don’t want to bring this up but this was not an issue during the bots era.

Well technically one could…

By using file system based save/load systems you can as good as anonymously load data in game from disc, including data not generated by Warcraft III. Now using the principles of asymmetric cryptography you can put a public key into your Warcraft III map and have it verify that data has been signed by the associated private key. The troll person is unlikely to be able to obtain the contents of the such readable files, and cannot get hold of the private key.

By putting this together you could create an application that creates a readable file that contains a user account name which is signed by a private key. At map initialization Warcraft III tries to load this file for a player, and if present it then verifies the signature using its public key and then checks that the contained user name matches the player account name (case insensitive). If all those tests pass the player is set to have “admin” command power and can kick.

The troll can create an account with the same name on another region but it will fail the first test (no file present) and so not give him admin commands. They cannot generate the required file because only you have access to the private key to do so. They cannot guess the private key because there is not enough time in existence to do so. They cannot easilly steal someone’s file because its contents are not directly visible in game. If they can steal someone’s file then that person has serious issues since they are likely not some kid but rather some degreed computer scientist that somehow has the time to troll people in Warcraft III.

The only problem with this is that it is not that easy to implement, especially since JASS lacks bitwise operator support. I also do not know how fast key verification would be as a result, as asymmetric cryptography algorithms are notorious for being slow with native implementations. In any case it would be highly resistant to anyone who is not extremely knowledgeable with both Warcraft III and computers, which is basically as good as every player.

This cracks me up. I have no skin in this game but you basically said “we’re not tyrants but we’ll totally get rid of you if you’re new or bad.” lol.

1 Like

thats basicly what happend to vampirism fire, ENT, legion td DE community, they dictated over there how game should be played, kicked ppl who refuse to play how they think it should be played, abused admin rights and what not. im glad for that reason host bots are gone, althrough they were good hosting solution, if admins dont abuse power, good example for that was OHS community that is gone now. imagine this coming from me xD