Bad Menu FPS/Performance due to forced Integrated Graphics usage

I’ve always had bad performance in the menu since Reforged launched, despite having a strong graphics card (GTX 1070) that performances well in all other games, including when Warcraft 3 actually launches into a game.

After some tinkering, it appears to be related to my enabled Intel Integrated Graphics (Intel HD Graphics 530). As long as the driver for it is enabled, blizzardbrowser.exe will always use it to render frames, giving it terrible sub 15 fps and slowing down the menu animations.

If I unplug my 3rd monitor that is connected to the motherboard VGA port (i.e. to the integrated graphics card), no change. My other 2 monitors are connected to the dedicated graphics card’s ports, and the game runs on a monitor connected to the dedicated graphics card’s ports.

If I disable the integrated graphics driver, blizzardbrowser.exe uses the dedicated graphics card, and the menu performs normally.

In all cases, warcraft iii.exe and every other game out there uses the dedicated graphics driver just fine, so its definitely not a hardware limitation on my computer.

No option that allows me to force the GPU used (via Windows Settings or via Nvidia control panel) can force blizzardbrowser.exe to use my dedicated graphics.

Please fix it so that blizzardbrowser.exe can pick the correct graphics card to use.

5 Likes

I don’t think they give any priority to this, I am seeing that there are many reports of this problem.

Mine is here:
Reported here: Game menu BUG in MacOS

Start the Win10 settings app.

Go to display, then graphics settings.

There you can add the exes to force which gfx device it uses.

I tried this but to no success.

applied high performance to
blizzardBrowser.exe
battle net
2 warcraft III’s and warcraft III launcher

updated geforce and integrated graphcis drivers.

only thing that works is disabling integrated graphics every time i start up :frowning:

Try my post: