Artificial Delay?

I would also like to add since it probably wasnt clear in the post that this issue also happens in ladder games, theres no difference in ladder games and customs games in regards to ping.
I used the lobby to show what ping im supposed to be getting according to blizzard and what ping i actually get in game, be it ladder or customs.

Hello, i purchased WC3 about 5 days ago, and since then i noticed that my ping is unusually high every time i play.

Im from brazil and because of that every game that i play on us east on other games i usually get about 150~ ping, however, on WC3 i usually get about 100~ ping added to my normal values.

On the lobby imgur.com/LvyR6ea.png

you can see that i have about my usual ping values

But Ingame imgur.com/NDKPVER.png

i have about 100~ ping added to that

I have tried pretty much everything from turning off firewall to making sure that my ports are open, to running the game on admin mode, to trying other servers but the result is always the same.

I have also tried a traceroute and mtr on useast.battle.net but the results are always in line with the ping that i expect from a server on useast.

On the lobby i get a value that seems about right, but ingame i get about 100~ ping added to that, it is also not just me, from what ive seen on streams from players from brazil the same happens to them, so that leads me to think that this is an issue with blizzard servers, since it appears to be affecting people from all over my country and they all seem to be getting the same ping as me.

Is this a known issue with the game? And if so, is blizzard going to do anything to fix this? Its really hard to micro with 250 ping.

I’m from australia and I have the same issue. I used to host alot in the game but since the servers went dedicated it’s become impossible to play because the in-game lag even as host is 330ms +/

2 Likes

I would also like to add since it probably wasnt clear in the post that this issue also happens in ladder games, theres no difference in ladder games and customs games in regards to ping.

The behavior is the same and it honestly really turns me off from playing the game.