Arthas doesn't keep gear between Human and Undead campaigns

I haven’t played through the campaign in years. I recently bought Reforged and just finished the Human campaign. I noticed at the start of the Undead campaign that all of my gear (collected inventory items) are gone. I thought we hold onto those items between campaigns. Has that changed in a recent patch? Any help appreciated.

It had been that way since before reforged.

1 Like

This has never worked like that :thinking:

2 Likes

The Lich King took all of Arthas’ stuff off-screen. Had to or else Arthas wouldn’t have gotten that sweet new armor.

4 Likes

Before Reforged came out I had remade the main campaigns as custom campaigns with some slight tweaks and edits and this was actually something I was able to fix by saving Arthas at the end up Human09, restoring him in Undead01, and then changing him to EvilArthas, all with just triggers. Sadly I don’t think this works anymore in Reforged. The custom Campaigns aren’t working like they used to, at least for me. But yeah it WAS doable at one time. He started the undead campaign with all his items from the last one and the stat boosts he’d acquired, albeit scaled back down to level 1.

This was never how the game worked.

2 Likes

items do not carry over from one campaign to the next and never have.

1 Like

unfortunately that has never been a thing

1 Like

This does work for Illidan in the Frozen Throne campaign though, between the Sentinel and the Blood Elf campaigns

And what you want is not even fair, if you got some very nice item, the next few missions from the ud campaign would be like a walk in the park.

Okay, THIS argument makes no sense. It’s a single-player campaign. “Fair” to whom, exactly – the NPCs?

2 Likes

Yes, everybody should start a campaign at the same level.
This is the gaming experience.

Did you played Doom2 ? Is like you put cheat IDKFA =got all weapons than go campaign make no sense. Than add also IDDQD = Just ruin all gaming experience.

I mean, it would be a significant advantage if you started the UD campaign with a full compliment of items. The first missions were designed and balanced around you having a fresh hero with no items. It is a stretch to compare it to actual cheating, however. If the game was designed to have the items carry over, then you can be sure the mission would be made a bit stronger to compensate.

However, really, the video game logic is explained away, basically. Arthas looks totally different and doesn’t have the same armor or gear he had before turning undead, so it makes sense that he doesn’t have any of the other same stuff he had before.

3 Likes

I would say that he unlearned the tomes he had collected. And assuming the tomes in Prologue that Thrall had learned was not cannon.

Or the process of turning into a proper Death Knight sucked out the tomes power from him along with his soul.

1 Like