AOE Stuns / Slows:
- Humans: Clap 5/3 seconds (area 25-35)
- Orc: Stomp 3/2-5/3 seconds (area 25-35)
- UD: Nova 4/2-7/4 seconds (area 20)
- UD: Impale 2/1-4/3 seconds (area 25)
- NE: _____?
These are some of the most common / important big battle (mid/late game) spells. The Stun/Slow is huge for slowing down an army and can be used offensively or defensively. Can also be used to prevent a TP and get a kill. Players often center their core strategy around one of these spells. (…you can hear Neo/Remo’s “HUGE ____ on the entire army!” How many non-ultimates get this much attention?)
NE has NOTHING similar:
- Fan of Knives does not help control a battle, it is only damage. Also it appears to be used most often by pros against peons
- Entangle is per unit not per army. It is seldom useful in large battles. In addition unlike Clap/Stomp/Impale’s stun/slow, it can be dispelled.
Potential Solution 1: ENTANGLE
- Heavily nurf the Entangle level 2 & 3 duration (who needs 30 seconds on a unit?) AND EITHER:
- 1A) Heavily reduce cooldown in level 2 and 3 Entangle: Allows rapid fire on multiple units to emulate area effect…
- 1B) Make Entangle level 2 area=12 and level 3=25. Ideally duration in center (1 unit?) is longer than the edge of area. Now it may actually becomes a useful spell in large battles / end-games! May need to make it dispel proof for 2-3 seconds to keep it useful.
Potential solution 2: SEARING ARROW
- Add area splash/slow to level 2 & 3 Searing Arrow (and nurf its damage if necessary). Makes POTM much more interesting.
BONUS solution: WISPS
- Since they are nurfing the wisp mana burn (sob):
- Detonate could have an added area stun (‘blindness’?) in addition to the reduced mana burn. (take that lev 1. Blades! PTSD revege!)
I mean… war.