Anyone else feel mirror and healward are broken?

80mana = 3x 500hp hero amror tank, healward reduce more 50 unit dps

Mirror images take double damage from all sources, and up until recently they dealt no damage. Detection also reveals the clones.

To be blunt, up until recently, Mirror image was just an expensive “escape magic” ability (it removes magic effects from the Blademaster) that usually was not worth taking.

Healing Ward heals 2% of health per second (same as fountain of health) for the duration of the Healing Ward, so the healing rate differs for every unit. As I understand it, Witch Doctors are currently underused, so even if Healing Ward is good, it does not appear to be “broken”.

lv3 Mirror give 60%damage bm, the expected damage has exceeded the critical hit (45%), and its only need 80 mana.
healward is not so good 1vs1, but 4vs4, its total broken. Its so hard to hit ward during team battles, and ward give from hundreds to thousands healing per secound.
(3Atk rifle dps <20, In a team battle with 300 Population, ward reduce 50-150 Population dps)

Those hallucinations also take double damage from all sources and are easily dispelled. Mirror Image costs a lot of mana to do very little. That is why it sucks even with damage.

Plus, this comes at a cost of not having an ability with better utility or direct damage.

RTS games usually cannot be properly balanced for 4v4 or other mass-multiplayer game modes. The differences in supply and the differences in the way that units scale compared to smaller matches will cause discrepancies with some mechanics.

That said, there is a way to mitigate the healing from Healing Ward, even if you struggle to click on the ward itself. That tactic is to focus-fire individual units. Focus-firing individual units is usually ideal in an RTS anyway unless the units you are using have a tendency to waste a large number of “extra shots” to kill individual targets. There are a few advantages to it:

1. Because focus-fire kills individual units faster, it reduces the DPS of the opposing army faster than if you were to allow your units to spread out their damage against multiple targets. This can snowball into an advantage if your army is losing units (and the DPS or other utility they provide) at a slower rate than the opponent.
  2. You can deny Heroes experience by focusing them down at the start of combat.
  3. You can optimize damage output, by ordering AOE units to target units in the center of groups and by ordering units with specialized damage (almost everything except hero & chaos damage) to attack the targets that they deal the most damage against.

Mirror Image costs a lot of mana to do very little really? Contrast the mirror with the wolf, Wolf is the most cost-effective melee summoning skill. LV3 Wolf, 85mana 2x400hp wolf, heavy armor, armor 0. LV3 mirror, 80mana, 3x bm with at least 800hp(take double damage its 400), hero armor, armor at least 7, could hit air with ball. And dont forget wolf has 30s cd

Assuming a max level Blademaster, the mirrors average 19.43 damage per hit (including the bonus from critical strike), on a 1.77 second cooldown. The DPS can get better with items, but not by much.

The math for that is 54 (agility at level 10), +13 (average bonus from the 2 1-12 damage dice, total damage-per-hit averages 67), multiplied by 0.2 (illusion damage multiplier), multiplied by 1.45 (average damage bonus from L3 critical strike is 45%). The DPS of that is 10.977 per image, so 32.93 in total at level 3.

Level 2 Feral Spirit averages at 16.5 damage before the 20% bonus from Critical Strike, and the attack cooldown is 1.0. You get two wolves with Feral Spirit.
This means that level 2 Feral Spirit, which is available for the Far Seer at level 3, provides about 1.2x the damage output of Level 3 Mirror Image on a maxed out Blademaster. Level 3 Feral Spirit (21.5 damage per hit before Critical Strike instead) provides about 2.5668x the DPS of Level 3 Mirror Image on a maxed out Blademaster.

Mirror Image itself isn’t as strong as the other Blademaster’s abilities. I would argue that it was bad enough not to even waste mana on until its most recent patch. It was better to save that mana for Wind Walk or Bladestorm. Blademasters themselves are strong Heroes, but that is because of their high single target DPS and their other abilities.

• Wind Walk protects the Blademaster, allows it to escape or chase down targets, and provides a large damage burst, not really because of Mirror Image.
  • Critical Strike significantly increases the Blademaster’s damage output.
  • Bladestorm provides temporary spell-immunity while outputting a lot of DPS.

Edit: Corrected math that was incorrect based on the assumption that Mirror Images still dealt 15% damage instead of 20%. To be fair, I checked the patch notes within the Battle.net App before this mistake, and this particular change doesn’t seem to be mentioned.

Critical Strike give 45% damage more, and mirror is 60%

dont know how u get this number, feel bm and dh have fastest hero attackspeed, shall hit faster, 1.77 is just like a high level potm.

My Mistake, I thought it was still 15%. That increases my estimates by 25%, so I will make those corrections. The average damage per hit would be 19.43, and the DPS is 10.977.

While there was a mistake (assumed 15% damage on mirror images instead of 20%), the attack cooldown is accurate. The correct damage estimate would be 19.43, and the DPS would be 10.977.

The attack cooldown comes straight from the Editor.

Demon Hunters have a base attack cooldown of 1.7.
Blademasters have a base attack cooldown of 1.77.

Priestess of the Moon would have an attack cooldown of 2.33.

But agi give more attackspeed, and 1.77 is lv1 or maybe 0 agi bm…

To be blunt, I am not certain if the attack speed gain from Agility really works correctly. It might, but it is hard to quantify in-game.

This game certainly doesn’t tell you the exact stats for movement speed, attack-speed, etc in game like SC2 does. It just provides vague terms like “slow”, “normal”, “fast”, “very fast”, etc.

1agi in increase 1%, bm shall have close 1.2 attackspeed

The percentage increase is 2% per point of Agility according to the editor. That is why I thought something was wrong.

Turns out that I overestimated the Blademaster’s Agility score at level 10 by using the old base value of 23 (current base value is 22) and by accidentally hitting the equals button twice on the calculator. The latter mistake doubled the total Agility bonus from leveling from 15 to 31. These mistakes resulted in an estimate of 54 Agility (which would be insane) instead of 37. The Blademaster’s real average damage is 50 (a full 17 points lower) before Critical Strike.

If Agility does work properly, then the Blademaster’s attack rate at level 10 is just over 1 second (1.017), but the damage used as a basis for my previous calculations starts at 50 before Critical Strike and the Mirror Image multipliers.