Any thoughts on Footman sword?

Does no one think that the swords are very flimsy looking in Reforged vs Original.

For the Classic footman’s size the sword is proportionate and realistic?

The new sword looks very small and weak with the big footman model in reforged.

3 Likes

The design and aesthetic seems alright, but they need to decide what the blade is. Either:

1. Elongate it and try to offset the shape of the blade (that rhombus/kite shape at the end before it tapers into a point).
  2. Get rid of the shape at the end while lengthening the blade still but make it a standard arming sword.
  3. Commit the other way around, retain the old heavy broad sword look. Stouter, wider blade as a whole.
4 Likes

The height is too tall, the shoulder armor is ridiculous, and the sword is way too thin… thats why I havent preordered reforged, im happy with classic

1 Like

The crossguard is very ugly. It’s way too big and cartoony, even for a cartoony game. It looks like a toy or something. In my opinion, the crossguard is one of the reasons that make the sword look too tiny. But the blade could be enlarged a little as well.

The image on the left is the hero’s sword in one of RoC cinematics.
The two swords on the left look like actual swords, Reforged sword looks like a joke. :confused:

2 Likes

Something like this would look good, but it may be too simple for a cartoon game. but yeah, the reforged one looks like a toy sword for kids.

XXX_https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/wQoAAOxy0x1TRwCc/s-l640.jpg

nope, the classic footman’s sword is dramatically oversized, the new one is much more realistic having in mind shields.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBD_esES826ES826&biw=1920&bih=937&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=0V60XL2ZNJ6GjLsP4PSHqAg&q=sword+cross+guard&oq=sword+cross+guard&gs_l=img.3..0i10i19.4112.4238..4437...0.0..0.184.265.1j1......1....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i10i30.bfm6ll_D_mI

https://imgur.com/a/aYimfmB

4 Likes

on another note:

well the armor looks realistic but i dislike it anyway, i’d have no issues if blizzard threw realism out the window (considering they already didn’t anyway) just so the footmen and knights could looks more similar to the regular wc3.

now they just look like blobs of metal.

but original knights and footmen are noticeable very quickly because of their white armor.

footmens shields are especially noticeable with the white border around the shields and the middle white spike

and knights are one of a kind looking i mean cmon… now they look more like bandit knights in the creep section.

boring.

1 Like

I think the armor looks cool. Maybe the shoulder are too big but I think it won’t be too distracting in the game because of the perspective. But those swords. Man. They look like plastic toys made for children meanwhile the Orcs have those awesome battle axes.

I think that Sorceress agree with you aswell

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think it’s a terrible looking sword. It doens’t look like the Footman’s sword, it doesn’t look functional and the design is way off the classic ‘Warcraft’ look as far as weapons go.

1 Like

Footman sword needs to look more better and it needs to look more durable in this game’s upcoming day one update patch if anyway possible really.

I remember when I bought Wc Reforged, and I saw the footman sword… I was really disappointed. Now I only play with the Orc race because they have awesome axes, not that sword attempt. I would love that blizzard replace the footman sword. Really, they would look MUCH better with the militia sword

“4 years later”

a necrobump of epic proportions, and a First Post too!

My opinion is that the sword is looking good!

Is Reforged the Swords are also Reforged so - steel is better, craftsmanship and quality is higher, so more durable swords, like this also they can be lighter - that can lead to less fatigue for the soldier.
Also now in Reforged with the same amount of steel you can produce more swords, because they need less material.

Unfortunately Orcs did no use same reforging technology, so yes axes are more old-fashioned. But I do Not play orc anymore because they removed Liquid Fire, and nowadays they rely on Taurens and Cows to revive taurens :frowning_face: