Annoying Map Folders problem

hi! I was wondering if anyone knows a way to fix this.

So in my Maps “Download” folder there are 45 folders with long names such as: 37485ste2q733by2788ayj2v1w856ee07iwny038

inside these folders it would have a map inside such as
(4)TidewaterGlades_LV

If I delete the folders or move the files, warcraft 3 re-downloads them when I start the application. I understand I need these folders to play ladder, but it is just such an annoyance to have to go down these folders every single time I’m trying to host a custom game… Is there any way around this? Why can’t the map files just go with the rest of them, and not in the “Download” Folder?.. If anyone knows if there is a way around this, or can share their experience with this, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :slight_smile:

I hope blizz fixes this soon. It is a major annoyance.

Likely related to melee maps used for competitive melee play. They must be using a system similar to StarCraft II and Heroes of the Storm where the maps get dynamically downloaded, allowing hot fixes and changes to be made to the maps without a client side patch.

The simplest solution would be to collect them in a single folder that it is not intended for users to open.

Anything blizzard? o.O
All those years cant fix a simpliest feature in a falsely advertised game…

The maps are in the download folder because they are in fact downloaded from the server when the season changes or the map pool is otherwise updated.

While I’d agree its a pretty silly system as they’re supposed to be official maps, they just cut corners and used existing systems to handle this.

Also, the game wasn’t falsely advertised. Not to a legal standard, at least.