Almost 2 months since last post

1 month since last seen online… And BlizzCon is slowly getting closer…

September beta? After Classic then?

6 Likes

I have no confidence in these incompetent morons to give us anything in September.

16 Likes

I see 2 rational scenarions and 1 crazy .
Those two are both closely tied up with blizzcon as their own event, in which they announce or promote things
In both cases we will watch Reforged gameplay at blizzcon.

1. Beta end of august/early september. Official release nearly before blizzcon

2. Beta nearly before blizzcon. Official release nearly before chatolic Christmas

3. No Beta at all (lol i hope this is impossible to do by laws xD)

2 Likes

The most realistic scenario to me is that they will announce at BlizzCon that the beta will start shortly after the end of the event (with a similar build playable on the showfloor).
I also expect them to reveal the release date for the full game, to be held in late 2019/early 2020.

To recieve anything sooner would be a pleasant surprise, I just hope they won’t let us down!

1 Like

Pleasant surprise? A pleasant surprise would be them telling us where they are in the production process. A pleasant surprise would be the dev’s saying anything project-related. A pleasant surprise would be getting news that isn’t from an accidental leak.

Getting a beta/real release date at all would be closer to a begrudging offer to those who pre-ordered last year during the Blizzcon hype.

4 Likes

Not possible, since it is by laws that they can’t delay after opening preorders also latest release date they have is actually 2nd November 2019 so they can just release the thing at Blizzcon without a beta if they really want to.

Here is the article written by the admin of Hive, the one that is under nda and got contacted by Blizzard, so he can’t give ‘fake’ information
x_Warcraft III Reforged - What we know... so far. | HIVE

3 Likes

I know what you mean, and you are right.

The fact is that having low expectations is the best way to not be disappointed.
I am convinced that we won’t get the beta before November, but i’d be glad to be proven wrong.

2 Likes

better having them working on the game, than dicking around in the forum with a bunch of “idiots”.

2 Likes

My bet is we wont hear anything until like 1 month before Blizzcon where they just announce that there will be an announcement about reforged at Blizzcon and then we wont get any beta but the game to be release mid/late december, I mean I expect it to go the most frustrating way.

2 Likes

The game must be released by Nov 2nd. You cannot offer a pre order and extend the release date longer than a year in advance. Stop with this December or early 2020 nonsense.

2 Likes

I just did a little research on the topic and there’s no mention of preorders being forced to be honored within a year of them being made available. The only mentions of things being forced on the publisher are mentioning release dates.
That is, when offering preorders, the company MUST have a solid release date.

This means Blizzard can still release the game on the last day of the year if they wanted to. It would still seem to fit the law that gets mentioned around here.

2 Likes

Still, someone under NDA could not specify it with even giving US Law title to it, otherwise I’m sure Archian could have already faced alot of trouble

Blizzard always had good communication between the developers and the fans but with this game it is almost as if Blizzard has nothing to do with it

5 Likes

At this point I think it would be honnest to give the people who wants to a refund.
Been waiting for a release date for a long time.

We could start a dilbert comic strip about us waiting on the forums to pass the time.

I remember betting on blizzcon for their fabulous unveiling of everything as a distraction from other things.

Remember the spring beta plans?

Good ol’ times…

1 Like