Add Ultra Speed Mode

We have different speeds for the game already, with the fastest being the one everyone is playing. Please add an option to speed up the game even more. I always found it odd that the option isn’t there when the option to slow down the game is there. What might have been an engine limitation earlier (in terms of FPS), should be easy to implement in this day and age.

1 Like

I already struggle to get more than 4x on some larger maps during replays…

Also one can already do this with some trickery. Commonly used for testing AI.

I think you might as well play custom melee with this. Its not standard playable at faster speeds, you cant effectively micro.

Why man? The game speed is good as it is, playing a lot faster can make new players daze and quit. The game is hard to learn and master as it is, don’t try to make it even harder. But ultra speed on replay mode would be nice, or if ultra speed mode on replay mode isn’t reasonable, at least allow us to jump to specifics parts of time in the replay.

For fun. I know there are people that want this kind of feature. Given how there are slower speeds available, why not faster. It’s not like i’m asking for the main game to be faster, only a speed where you can play faster.