About the random hero selection thing

So apparently they are making it, whenever you summon a new hero, it will randomly select from any of the heros your have unlock. While the idea is randomly spawning in an uther sounds kinda cool, there are 2 main problems with this.

Firstly, the gender thing. When it comes to the default hero, I want to be able to choose the male or female model. God could you imagine how terrible it would be if every time you made a DK it was a male 50% of the time, wnd female the other 50%. Fk that!! Now before you get butt hurt and tell me how great of an idea you think that is, most people do not want this. So lets not force the players to do somthing we dont want eh?

The second main problem is, people are gonna want to play as, what they consider, the best looking model. So if they think the default model, for a certain hero, does not look good, they are forced to use that one most of the time even tho there are other better looking models? Looking at you paladin.

So here is just a crazy solution too all these problems. Give players options!! Allow us to play as arthas every game we want. Allow us the have 2 heros randomly selected if we want. Allow us to have it be entirely random for each hero if we want. DO NOT LIMIT US FOR NO REASON. Give us freedom and no one will be upset.

Thank you.

15 Likes

Agreed and I want to add:
Make the DEFAULT like we know and love it since 17 years!
Make EVERYTHING other a OPTION.
And give the option to ALLWAYS show DEFAULT!

10 Likes

Personally I would like to have a menu option for each Hero. Either you choose before the game starts kind of like how you do it with custom skins in StarCraft 2 or simply make it so that when you create a Hero at the altar/tavern, there will be several skins to choose from in a submenu. This choice would only be relevant when deciding a Hero, so it will not affect resurrected Heroes later on.

3 Likes

most people do not want this

How so ? You did a survey ?

Yeah I can confirm most people never wanted female dk.

4 Likes

Show me the survey

Citation needed.

Neither you nor I knows what “most people” want. We can both only guess.

It is top secret.

1 Like

Then any results of that survey are also top secret are you are violating NDA by discussing the conclusions.
Therefore your argument is invalid.

Man they will make the default death Knight, the model can already be seen, stop being annoying, thank you.

Just make it like in WoW and add a “favourite mount” (hero skin in this case) option. So you can add your favorites in the menu and then won’t get any skin you don’t like

1 Like

they could add a loadout like hots does

there will be a collection tab and you’ll pick which model/models you want to use.
female DK is just bonus, although it sucks that they only put her model in the beta and no male DK.

How do you know? It was never stated that it is a bonus as far as I’m aware. I want a clear statement from the team that the female variant is an optional alternative to the standard generic male death knight.

1 Like

I’d be mildly shocked if they don’t make a Collection tab like the Starcraft 2 one considering portraits and hero variants and all that.

Do we have any confirmation on this? Grubby stated the the developers were talking about doing the random hero thing. Which would be cool to do every once in a while, but would be dreadful if it was forced 100% of the time… no pun intended.

If they’re going to let people flip Spoils of War skins on and off at will, it’d be bizarre if they don’t do that for campaign swaps or the male/female alternates.

Even dumber if the Spoils of War ones are added to the RNG pool rather than being selectable.

1 Like

it would be very dumb. I’d like to use the Jaina skin for Archmage and Thrall for Far Seer. If they get spawned through RNG, I’d have 0 motivation to unlock any other skins. So I definitely understand how upset those who prefer the traditional male DKs feel.

I know some video game companies can be very dumb about their decisions, but I don’t think Blizzard would be that dumb to have that hypothetical “your deluxe edition skins are RNG” go through.

well they did go through with the Diablo Immortal mobile sh!te then sided with the commies over Hong Kong. Bethesda also thought it was okay to charge its fans $100 USD a year when they could just go play The Outer Worlds. AAA companies are mind-bogglingly hard to relate to these days. But you have a point. Better to remain optimistic.