About Jaina's voice actress

So, there’s been a lot of talk about changing voice actors over the years. I’ve seen countless threads about the “new” voices of Illidan, Sylvanas, Arthas etc. but I’ve yet to see Jaina mentioned anywhere.

Her old voice actress (Carrie Gordon-Lowrey) has been quiet for years now, but is there any info on why she didn’t voice her anymore for WoW (Wrath comes to mind), or even what she’s been doing for the past 15+ years. Personally I think she did a great job in WC3.

1 Like

I think the VA in War3 is crap. Just saying it’s like 5/10 acting. I could have done an equally good job at War3, and I suck at acting compared to professionals.

1 Like

what? are you talking about the 2002 voice acting from the original? or are you talking about Reforged… its not really fair to judge the voice actors from 2002, and you are not being very clear in which version you are talking about

Agree with you that is is not fair to judge them and they did voice acting for some characters way better than in Wow for example Malganis. And I think he means the voice actors from 2002 because no new voice actor was added or removed except if he means the new ones for German and French language

oh is that true? i wasnt completely sure, I thought I remember reading somewhere that a small portion of English lines were changed but maybe I was wrong on that :slight_smile:

yea I mean obviously back in 2002 voice actors were not at the same level as they are at today (at least for video games) but for its time WC3 has great voice work

not changed just edited out. Grom and Furion are edited out from all dialogue now thrall always says hellscream and tyrande says my love and it is very easy to notice that it was just edited in

3 Likes

nah I have to disagree with that.

I think it was same As Illidan VA. they just changed it because they thought Laura bailey is better for the role. same as Liam O’Brien.