A Warcraft III Reforged Graphics Discussion

I am not sure about that since I use it only to play against AI :slight_smile:

Well,Now I’m back and I can say that the last patch was a huge update for World editor! :slight_smile: Really,there’s so much of new things added

Nice to hear that! Btw, release notes are back :slight_smile:

And also,It’s kinda sad that Culling Trailer was removed from Launcher. Probably for making the situation with cutscenes and graphics less confusing. Or because they have Release trailer

Who knows :slight_smile: I can only imagine how much pressure they will have in this month…

Some people says that’s on some of these advertisments - the Release date is 24th of December. Idk is this fake or not

Release exactly on Xmas is highly unlikely.
Before xmas or after xmas but before new year.

They were silent well before that.

This includes

• Breaking AT
  • Removing RoC permanently from melee; though they did give a statement about doing so
  • Balance changes like Necromancer spell swap; Keeper of the Grove overtuning
  • Breaking of custom maps on live
  • Sync errors and disconnects on live
  • Corrupting map files from World Editor
  • Adding Dark Ranger to the Night Elf section patch notes
  • Leaked update with Dark Ranger in the Night Elf section of the website (semi confirmed through Twitter, Discord and Hive, but no direct explanation)

All met with silence over the past year. So yea, it didn’t start or end with people talking about Voices being cut, this is something that’s been happening since well before the 800 jobs were cut earlier this year.

I wouldn’t call any of these lies either, since they are things that people did give feedback on wanting changed. Whether the reasoning is they were listening to feedback or because they run out of time, it doesn’t matter. It is not a lie if things change in development, otherwise you could say 2002 WC3 is a lie since it is supposed to be an RPG instead of an RTS if you look at the very original alpha.

1 Like

Custom games added? :smiley:

1 Like

The custom games finally come, that is so much fun :smiley:
But the graphics look of this beta still the same… This is worrying, but lets have all our hope in them to improve that!

1 Like

Don’t worry about the graphics…they are not important in the beta stage of the game…they need to polish the game and than graphics can be implemented much easier :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I would like to say that imho there were some improvements made to graphics in this patch and Ive seen others to say the same thing, like better lighting and higher quality textures added in to certain unit/building models. But ofc if you are expecting some kind of major change to the overall look of the game, thats not gonna happen. Its now all about adding the final graphical/visual effects to the game.

Again I have to say Im more or less happy how the game looks, cause unlike those of you who would have wanted this to look like that Unreal Engine 4 fan made stuff, I expected this to look faithful to the original game in terms of colors/style and thats exactly what we got imho. Personally I cant understand those who would want Reforged to look like Starcraft 2 or Diablo IV…

2 Likes

Honestly I feel like the terrain needs a major overhaul. The tileset needs to be handpainted, similar to artwork done in WoW so the units actually feel like they belong in the game instead of looking like they were imported.

Here is the terrain from a WC3 mod called “WC3 reborn” for your reference. It uses the same engine.

https://imgur.com/a/U8E7Wf3

3 Likes

For god bloody sake I think ill stop coming here to look info, this is just a a bottle of pure poison, keep blaming on people or the game, and then ask why nobody listen to you.

Hey, this looks decent, might try it out… But I see WoW models? me no like too much, how are the nelfs in that mod?

Unfortunately that mod is dead. :frowning_face: Some of the mod artists went over to Armies of Azeroth if I remember correctly but you can still download the incomplete version here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/wc3r

I really wish the reforged team hired these modders. They seem to have a very good understanding of what makes a good art.

1 Like

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who saw some changes :slight_smile: I was like meeeeeeeeeh, it can’t be, can it? :smiley: But now I see that there are some improvements :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also one thing I noticed is the water…it now seems better and reflect light and even bit of objects/environment.

1 Like

Idk,Reborn is kinda Boring…+ It’s mostly models from HotS and WoW

It’s also far too cartoony.

1 Like

Wait…Aren’t you the one who’s said that Reforged should be cartoony in the first place?