A reminder to never pre order games

Those of you who pre ordered this game partially caused this mess. Pre ordering makes games worse because they already sold you the game. No need to try.

12 Likes

Lesson learned…

3 Likes

Not to cause a ruckus, but…
WC3 was not a pure preorder, because you got access to the base game… For many people, it was probably the first time legally owning the game. And it could seem more justifiable because unlike with most other preorders, we expected that at least the base game we knew would still be there.

4 Likes

Which does not mean you’re wrong about preordering being bad, I’m just pointing out some differences in circumstance.

1 Like

I knew/saw alot of people that were very big content makers, very anti pre-order, still willing to give this legendary game a chance. :disappointed:
Which means they were fooled.

I think the issue was more people pre-ordering the game when they already owned it. That was the worst value proposition and I suspect they made up the majority of the “refunded” crowd after it failed to justify their purchase. Logically when accounting looks at the balance sheets at the end of the day the “refunded” aspect was likely a large motivating force behind the restructuring that occurred.

If you did not own Warcraft III before hand and pre-ordered Reforged for access to Classic Warcraft III then that was a pretty good deal given the prospect value you received back. Many of us paid as good as full price for Warcraft III (now Classic) back when it was still a “hip” game. Reforged preorder was still less than RoC + TFT cost back then, so anything new like the graphics or features that were not delivered were kind of bonuses for someone who did not own Classic.

1 Like

:joy: yea you’re right our bad.

Preordering delayed the ladder system over a year.

The Earth is also flat.

Preordering causes global warming

That’s not what he meant and I’m rather certain you know it too.

2 Likes

I preordered WC3R.
I preordered D2R as well.
I will continue to preorder actiblizz corp games not just because I like most of the games their devs create, but because it irritates those who hate people who preorder.

Further, the game developers don’t make the rules, corp does.

I like what the devs do but I don’t like the corp bozos.

Should I punish the devs because of what the corp bozos do? Nah, I’m not going to be that way. Soon actiblizz corp will implode and these devs that you wish to harm today will leave and work for a better gaming company. FrostGiant looks promising, very promissing.

in my country if you buy a cheat second hand PC it usually comes with pre-installed games, a pirated WC3 included; I pre-ordered Reforged just for the legal copy of WC3 since 1.28 needed account/codes to run with an extra mile of some more money for the HD graphics

1 Like

That… Sounds very contrary to your goal, which seems to be hurting the corporation. You’re just putting more money in the hands of the corporation that you’re against.

I mean… It’s not like you’re taking the developer’s pay out of their hands if you stop preordering - those guys get a salary, they don’t get a piece of every sale.

2 Likes

It really works like this:
You don’t give them money SO them developers move to a better company.

that’s how it works… usually…
usually…

1 Like

Yes, blame someone that isn’t responsible for the trainwreck in any manner. This isn’t Patreon.

We’re talking about Blizzard, they’re just going to get put on another project with either an intern replacement or nothing at all.

The devs don’t get a free pass. They are partially to blame too. Squeaky wheels get grease. You don’t squeak, you don’t get the grease. But not preordering doesn’t hurt the devs. It’s just the intelligent thing to do.

1 Like

im sorry ;(

Hell, I’m probably done buying new games period.

There are some nice exceptions… eventually…

1 Like

Nah. I’m done buying new games. Unless of course they come out on my new favorite platform.

Most of them won’t, though, so yeah…

Besides, I already have a full catalog of games going back decades I haven’t finished yet.

1 Like

who doesn’t…