"A new version is available. Please update and restart"

Looks like after recent error message, we get the ingame message now that ladder aka. versus is not working anymore. Error message says there’s “A new version is available. Please update and restart”. Which is wrong, no updates and after restart still not working…

18 Likes

Yeah same issue. Checking for updates manually does not do anything. Custom games seem to work. I am on an old cd key.

3 Likes

Mesmo erro aparece aqui,Nao atualiza e nao entra no jogo.

1 Like

Same issue here, Please fix!!! DO NOT GAVE US ERROR AGAIN AFTER FIXING ONE.

5 Likes

same. so pissed… all of the sudden too. its as if they hate us and want to shut the game down so they dont have to keep server maintenance payroll going and can fire people and just tell us “we’re sorry, we are understaffed”

they dont have a moral compass as a company…

2 Likes

bet it was due to someone handling the update not converging vital network files and accidently over wrote the existing ones. hiring goobs are we blizz?..

2 Likes

Same here, FIX IT

3 Likes

Same issue as everyone else :frowning:

2 Likes

same here -.-

2 Likes

Same here!

Same here, actually purchased Reforged last year versus using my old key…

1 Like

same here cant play versus

I updated my game today and when I try to play versus it won’t let me. keeps telling me I have an outdated version of the game, but I don’t?

I’ve done the repair/rescan tool, and definitely have the latest version

SAME PROBLEM HERE… anY SOLUTIONS???

Was working earlier around 6hrs ago and just went to play a game said to download a new patch, seemed to be ~80MB and now I get this same message “A new version is available. Please update and restart.” Restarted and still get the same message… unsure if uninstalling and reinstalling will work…

3 Likes

SAME PROBLEM HERE… anY SOLUTIONS???

Yeah, I ended up getting the message before I installed the battlenet patch. After installation of the battlenet patch, the error message is still there.

Yes to clarify, the error occurred before the patch installation saying I needed to download this 80MB thing. After I did that I still got the error, then restarted and still got the error. It’s awesome. So sad what’s happened to this once amazing company; it’s like the Batman “You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.”

Ah well I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they fix this within 24hrs but certainly not holding my breath. Might get fixed just in time for going back to work/school :slight_smile:

Same here :frowning:

Same problem here